Lionel Road | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lionel Road

Badly handled & leaked months ago to a select few. Once in a lifetime chance to do this right now missed & takes a cost cutter from ryan air to pull it all apart. LR is the future of BFC, for the younger generations, our heart / soul in the community. Feel really disappointed with it all.

I think that, as usual, the communications have been poor but my take is that they are worried about the stadium turning, like many others have done with escalating costs, into a white elephant, in which case it could be a drag on the club rather than an asset. A tight ground in Brentford is better than a soulless bowl miles away and most of the money comes from TV anyway.

It's a lock & leave stadium Spanish, no offices, shop, bar, 3k premium (corporate) seats around the middle ring, token safe standing provision, leaving almost no home capacity increase on GP. So hardly a sustainable community stadium as sold to fans / LBH etc. How have costs spiralled? oh let's roll out the Brexit card which under scrutiny doesn't really hold water. The more you read about this the more it is off, and the lack of consultation with those that fought to make it happen is poor. Maybe it was never viable or affordable hence the Ryan air cost cutter being hired to strip it down. Oh & no images of version 2.0 yet after months of rework on the design - why?

Something very off about this imho!

If it's lock and leave, we should just lock and leave at Griffin Park.
The reason we were sold and many thought a good idea to leave Griffin Park was because it would be working seven days a week, but if it's lock and leave then it isn't exactly that is it?
I wonder how many of those going to Workington or Hartlepools on cold Tuesday nights will be left to feel out in the cold because they can't get tickets thanks to the new influx of fans that will appear?

Totally agree about the lack of consultation which was my comment about communication. It isn't what was promised, but then neither is Brexit. This is not a political forum so I won't bang on, but all the signs so far, investment, growth, business uncertainty, the pound, the clowns running the show suggest that it isn't going to be pretty. If it was my money, I would be worried right now.

Brexit wasn't my thing Spanish but it has become a blanket excuse for many things, I could find plenty of employment/ economic data to debunk the assertion that the UK is in free fall (to date anyway). The words community & sustainable have gone from the project. Who knows why, the numbers worked a few years back & not now, where will property prices be in 2 years - nobody knows so I'd like to know more about what has changed? Possibly LR was never going to add up & the reality has set in, maybe it's get to the Prem, MB gets his investment back & new ownership. Not majorly critical if this is correct but don't take fans for dummies pls.

Brexit is far to simple & an excuse imo.

Totally accept what you say about it being too simple an excuse, but let us accept that we are economically in times of uncertainty. This is a similar pattern, they make a decision without telling anybody and then handle the flak afterwards. This is a major change and I suppose we will get told a story eventually and I think we deserve something that at least sounds credible. I noticed that in the statement the word 'Risk' appeared several times.

According to BIAS, they have been working on these changes since May last year. Not consulting the customers seems to me a bit dumb in this day and age, when they have had plenty of time to do so.

Agree - we are all on the mailing list, god knows I get plenty. Dropping this on the opening week of the season & before the Bristol game was unhelpful imo. Bad comms habits that don't get better. The Ryan Air guy on the payroll should arouse enough suspicion in itself.

I guess once a few pictures of LR mark 2 get published (odd that there are none) we might get a bit more excited but it certainly all feels a bit flat, not helped by such a bad start to the season.

[This was meant to include Spanish Bees comment about toilets to make sense!] - Stoopid internet

Nooooooo!

That's the only thing attracting me to a new ground!
Otherwise I'm happy staying where we are.