Lineup v Wimbledon? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Lineup v Wimbledon?

Deserved win. Shame we couldn't get another 1 or 2 to make the final stages a bit more comfortable but that wouldn't be the Gills way.

I know it’s hard to believe but is there previous between SE and Wim. Manager Hodges. SE didn’t acknowledge him before or after the game ?

I love Peter Parker's sayings. Old fashioned but i value that in these uncertain times.

Yes, Peter Parker`s OK, it`s the R/Kent play-by-play guys I don`t like. Instead of calling the game they babble on about all sorts of irrelevant tosh. And, once again, like tonight, frequently mis-identify our own players. I suppose they`re used to getting away with it on the radio as no-one notices mistakes via that medium.

I felt Wimbledon missed Wagstaff and O'Neill from their side who beat us home and away last season. Reilly didn't have the best of games tonight and Pigott was ineffective compared to last season's match.
Game could have gone either way though, Not convinced we will finish any higher than last season, but I think we should be safe at least.

Good stuff Gills. Bonham had a good game and is beginning to make his mark. Think that things are settling a bit for our team and the back end is shaping up well and establishing itself as the first choice starting back four. Mackenzie sitting in front of them is working well too and we are achieving some effective continuity. I hope that SE doesn`t depart too much from tonight`s starting line-up when Exeter visit on Saturday.

Well done Gills.

Yes, Peter Parker`s OK, it`s the R/Kent play-by-play guys I don`t like. Instead of calling the game they babble on about all sorts of irrelevant tosh. And, once again, like tonight, frequently mis-identify our own players. I suppose they`re used to getting away with it on the radio as no-one notices mistakes via that medium.
Yes, it's the other twat that winds me up with his screetching when nothing is happening.

Good stuff Gills. Bonham had a good game and is beginning to make his mark. Think that things are settling a bit for our team and the back end is shaping up well and establishing itself as the first choice starting back four. Mackenzie sitting in front of them is working well too and we are achieving some effective continuity. I hope that SE doesn`t depart too much from tonight`s starting line-up when Exeter visit on Saturday.

Well done Gills.
I thought Bonham looked a bit shaky, he never came for any balls, and the double save was because when he makes a save he always puts the ball back in the danger zone. Maybe I was spoilt watching our loan keeper.

Good win to remove some of the “hoodoos”.

And in a way we needed that one. We had the p!ss poor run of defeats, but hindsight shows they were mainly against teams currently in the top 8 or so who will probably stay there (MK apart). And we have shown we are more than competitive against the rest of the division.

Being a plastic I didn’t wake up early enough to watch the game. Did we play 4-4-2 with Dom Samuel more central alongside Oliver?

I thought Bonham looked a bit shaky, he never came for any balls, and the double save was because when he makes a save he always puts the ball back in the danger zone. Maybe I was spoilt watching our loan keeper.

The loan guy we had did look very impressive. But I suppose when a new keeper, like Bonham, comes into a club as "starting goalie" they are probably a bit more under the microscope than players in other positions. I wasn`t particularly impressed with him after the first six or eight games, but feel that he`s now more settled and putting in consistently good performances. He`s bound to make some mistakes and the fact that we have a very impressive young goalie, in the form of Walsh, snapping at his heels, may add to the pressure. TBH, i`m feeling quite good about the way our back end is looking right now.