Lineup v Blackpool | Page 4 | Vital Football

Lineup v Blackpool

We missed Bingham. Midfield did not work tonight. Don’t like the 5 at the back formation.
Too many hopeful chipped balls forward, instead of playing to feet. Blackpool deserved their win.

Gills just couldn't really get going tonight, too many misplaced passes.
Blackpool were poor, but once they got the goal, every trick in the book came out: time wasting, players going down as if they'd been shot etc. Not helped by the officials who were awful, particularly the ref who fell for it every time. One of the most frustrating games for a long time.

We missed Bingham. Midfield did not work tonight. Don’t like the 5 at the back formation.
Too many hopeful chipped balls forward, instead of playing to feet. Blackpool deserved their win.

Brave words. Wx’s Spreadsheet says different.

Blackpool came with a good plan. They must have watched the Fleetwood game. 2 big centre halves sandwiched Eaves everywhere but we still kept pumping long balls to him. He won fewer headers but he did cause big spaces, mostly on the right, that we only took advantage of halfway through the second half. Parker looked lively and I felt came on 20 mins too late. List and Parrot didn't get chance to make an impact. Clever subtle timewasting from Blackpool and they pinch the points. Roll on Saturday and the pressure is off. Look forward to seeing the team sheet.

Yeah I watch every game.
They might be match winners one day , but not tonight. Quite clearly not as switched on as the others. I much prefer Parker to Hanlon , and List can change games.

That didn't come out the way it was supposed. I know you watch a lot more than me. Just close up, the pair of them look exciting. Has to be end product though.

Blackpool came with a good plan. They must have watched the Fleetwood game. 2 big centre halves sandwiched Eaves everywhere but we still kept pumping long balls to him. He won fewer headers but he did cause big spaces, mostly on the right, that we only took advantage of halfway through the second half. Parker looked lively and I felt came on 20 mins too late. List and Parrot didn't get chance to make an impact. Clever subtle timewasting from Blackpool and they pinch the points. Roll on Saturday and the pressure is off. Look forward to seeing the team sheet.

Does it remind anyone else of us during the Pulis era?