Lindsay Parsons | Vital Football

Lindsay Parsons

He was a bit of a hard nut by all accounts - as Billy stated a huge part of our success at that time RIP Lindsay.
Tommy Smith passed away Earlier in the week -not sure he would be on the pitch for long if he was playing in the modern game, RIP Tommy.

Last edited:
Very sad. I think I recall a story of a reserve team keeper thanking Lindsay for getting him back on the straight and narrow - Lindsay whacked him to bring him back to his senses. Different times. Glad to see the club will recognise him today.

Pulis, Lindsay and Wayne Jones. What a back room staffing team. Happened to be my first full season supporting Gills, so they were the first set of coaches I truly appreciated. Even more now, following decades of watching Gills since, and realising how impressive that first season was. RIP.

Sad day. His name alone reminds me of a happier time. RIP.

Same here. Turned on iFollow just before kickoff and saw there was a minute's applause going on, but having been offline all morning, I didn't know who it was for. Really quite shocked to hear it was for Lindsay Parsons. RIP.

Same here. Turned on iFollow just before kickoff and saw there was a minute's applause going on, but having been offline all morning, I didn't know who it was for. Really quite shocked to hear it was for Lindsay Parsons. RIP.

Yes, I forgot to mention that it was actually announced as a minutes silence. However the second the ref blew the whistle spontaneous applause rang out from all four sides of the ground. By far the most uplifting part of the afternoon.

It was the first time I had ever witnessed the crowd on hearing the request for a minute silence taking matters into their own hands.As has been said it was the most uplifting thing to happen all afternoon.