Lincoln v Man Utd U21s | Vital Football

Lincoln v Man Utd U21s

That's me out then ! Off to Scotland next week. Following our exit to Shrewsbury, I had expected a blank mid-week. Won't be getting to every game this season now !!

That's me out then ! Off to Scotland next week. Following our exit to Shrewsbury, I had expected a blank mid-week. Won't be getting to every game this season now !!
I wouldn’t have the likes of Man Utd in the competition if they can’t agree to play on scheduled dates. It’s not as if they would be short of players, even with multi age call ups in international breaks. But I guess money talks.

May be if we are doing them a favour by changing dates they could loan us a CB? That new lad Varane might suit a season of acclimatising to the English game in L1......

Appleton clearly not happy on radio "less said about that (Papa John's fixture next week) the better".
Presume clubs not involved in EFL Cup Round 2 were mandated to play EFL Trophy games where possible - three have been quickly rearranged next week. Won't help get any sort of attendance and may or may not help us with so many players out or needing more time on the pitch - also play Bradford following week on 31st.

I can only see these first two Papa John's games as being treated as pre-season type matches, get minutes on the pitch for those who need it and try and limit the amount of time any of the "First team" may have to endure; and not worry about the results.
It's a competition that we have a good chance of winning, but I'd prefer to be out of it nice and early and this maybe the chance to do that, keeping a few mid-season midweeks free to rest our players.
Let Sunderland qualify from the group and clog up their fixture list!

we should do all the stupid passing it around at the back and keeper playing at the halfway line during these matches get it out of their systems and concentrate on staying in league 1