Lincoln Game OFF | Vital Football

Lincoln Game OFF

Trev_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
In case anyone was about to set off...

In all seriousness that’s a shame, I was looking forward to the game following Saturday’s performance. Overall the squad availability was good judging by Saturday’s team, although there were apparently a few juggling injuries for tonight. I’d personally say we’re worse off due to the postponement.

Conspiracy theorists on the L1 forums reckon Lincoln have a fair few injuries and Covid concerns, so are quite happy to have it postponed.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

Weather related right ?

Lots of flooding up there and near constant rain forecast.

I'm pleased, the further back it goes, you never know we might be allowed in. Its only a 1% chance but we live in hope. I've got a few overdue work trips to Lincoln that could by good fortune align to that fixture

Weather related right ?

Lots of flooding up there and near constant rain forecast.

I'm pleased, the further back it goes, you never know we might be allowed in. Its only a 1% chance but we live in hope. I've got a few overdue work trips to Lincoln that could by good fortune align to that fixture
I couldn’t go last time for some reason but we took 600-700 up there, didn’t we? We were in great form marching up the table.

Not really surprising considering the rain and general flood warnings.
Sincil Bank is named after the watercourse behind the stand , and I can't imagine it being much above sea level.

And by the time of the re-arranged date we will have signed a free scoring fox in the box.

The conspiracy comments are amusing to say the least! Missing a couple of players....You could put any of Lincoln City’s bench in our starting line up and improve it! The weather is bad though, my mother in law lives 20 miles from Lincoln and it’s torrential!

I couldn’t go last time for some reason but we took 600-700 up there, didn’t we? We were in great form marching up the table.

Yes, we did and it was a very good atmosphere - fans at a game - away fans - what a novel idea.

To be serious for a sec, I really thought we`d win tonight.

.You could put any of Lincoln City’s bench in our starting line up and improve it! The weather is bad though, my mother in law lives 20 miles from Lincoln and it’s torrential!

Could you? Maybe they've got a forward on the bench who could improve on our starters and maybe someone to come in for Jackson and possibly Macdonald (I don't know their bench that well, so maybe not), but I'd be surprised if many or any of them would usurp our keeper, the rest of our back four, and Dempsey, Graham and our loan midfielders.

Not sure but probably. Not been to a game there in years but work there 4-5 times a year. Great place for weekend trip though. Some decent pubs

Does it matter?

Yes, a local, junior referee is much easier to lean on then the actual match referee, not that I am saying that happened in this case, but such things have happened before and it certainly isn't unknown for matches to be called off to suit the home side's situation.