Lincoln City Women | Vital Football

Lincoln City Women

brisimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Kick of the season on sunday at 2pm at the Active Nation venue

Think the Development team are away To Leicester

Do Vitals sponsor a player from the Womens Team

Good Luck to both the First and development teams

Although our ladies won 5-0 on Sunday, sad to see Doncaster Belles struggling - one of the best known and successful teams back in the day. Presumably suffered as the women's game became more fashionable, and teams had to merge with men's teams, and with top men's clubs have their female set-ups.

Although our ladies won 5-0 on Sunday, sad to see Doncaster Belles struggling - one of the best known and successful teams back in the day. Presumably suffered as the women's game became more fashionable, and teams had to merge with men's teams, and with top men's clubs have their female set-ups.

Just another casualty of the money gravitating to the big clubs. Women's football will be dominated by exactly the same clubs as the men's because of the money they can throw at it.

Good to see our women's team doing well though.

Looks like a big game tomorrow. Imps (second place with 10 points from 4 games) at home to Wolves (top with 15 points from 5 games)

Looks like a big game tomorrow. Imps (second place with 10 points from 4 games) at home to Wolves (top with 15 points from 5 game
its a fa cup game v burton playing at the active nation yarborough adults 3 quid 2pm kick off

Last edited:
Wonder if there is a case to play a game or two at the bank if it's not close to a men's game. Presume they would be allowed a few hundred socially distanced like other non-elite clubs.
Not going to make a great deal of money, but a few might be interested to attend a game and a chance for the club to practice stewarding. Would work just opening the Co-op.

It makes a shambles of the rules really. Noticed Dulwich Hamlet had a bumper turn out for their ladies at the weekend (men are behind closed doors at same venue!)
https://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2020/10...-orient-in-fa-cup-clash-sunday-18th-oct-2020/

Wonder if there is a case to play a game or two at the bank if it's not close to a men's game. Presume they would be allowed a few hundred socially distanced like other non-elite clubs.
Not going to make a great deal of money, but a few might be interested to attend a game and a chance for the club to practice stewarding. Would work just opening the Co-op.

It makes a shambles of the rules really. Noticed Dulwich Hamlet had a bumper turn out for their ladies at the weekend (men are behind closed doors at same venue!)
https://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2020/10...-orient-in-fa-cup-clash-sunday-18th-oct-2020/

That's an interesting observation in terms of a "rehearsal"

In terms of your second point, I totally agree. Don't know if you picked it up, but I've copied my post from another thread - it relates to last week's FA Cup tie between Stafford and Hereford

".......the situation is crazy. It was a cup match last night, and no Hereford fans allowed because they are National League North, so there were 600 (max) Stafford fans. Had the match been played at Hereford it would have to be played behind closed doors. Also, if last night's match had been against another NPL or Southern League side, their fans would have been allowed"

Ladies away to Holwell Sports (Melton Mowbray) in the next round on 1st November. Another winnable tie - Holwell are same division, but not doing too well this season

At home on sunday v wolves kick off 2pm . Guessing this will be a big test for them

Sold out .

Last edited:
That's an interesting observation in terms of a "rehearsal"

In terms of your second point, I totally agree. Don't know if you picked it up, but I've copied my post from another thread - it relates to last week's FA Cup tie between Stafford and Hereford

".......the situation is crazy. It was a cup match last night, and no Hereford fans allowed because they are National League North, so there were 600 (max) Stafford fans. Had the match been played at Hereford it would have to be played behind closed doors. Also, if last night's match had been against another NPL or Southern League side, their fans would have been allowed"

Rules definitely cock eyed.