Lincoln City Women | Page 11 | Vital Football

Lincoln City Women

No game again today for the first team

Went to watch the Reserves/Development Team playing at Stoke. We had only ten players (finished with nine), and despite losing 4-0 kept it goalless until half time, and suffered a really iffy penalty

Last edited:
No game again today for the first team

Went to watch the Reserves/Development Team playing at Stoke. We had only ten players (finished with nine), and despite losing 4-0 kept it goalless until half time, and suffered a really iffy penalty
So we only fielded 10 players with no subs for a reserve game when the 1st team didn’t have a game. If that’s the case then the set up is an embarrassing shambles

So we only fielded 10 players with no subs for a reserve game when the 1st team didn’t have a game. If that’s the case then the set up is an embarrassing shambles

It was indicated by someone I was talking to that there were some injuries, and that the First Team have a mid week friendly

Final away game today v Burton Albion. I was planning on going (due to be be played at Rocester, nr Uttoxeter), but picked up this morning that will now be played behind closed doors at Burton's Pirelli Stadium

Won 0-8. A game we needed to win; Burton already relegated, and we now still have a chance of finishing second in table (currently third, and 1 point behind Donny with one game each to go)

A bummer that the venue was switched, and I couldn't go. However, compensation is that yesterday, while Imps were at Accy, I was less than 20 miles away in Leyland watching my granddaughter and her team winning the Lancashire Girls U18 County Cup Final

Playing Sleaford in the County Cup Final on Friday at the Northholme ko 7.45, followed by the final league game of the season at home on Sunday - indicated previously that guaranteed third place, but still in with a chance of achieving second

Have just picked up an advert for a General Manager for Lincoln City Women (7 hrs per week). I believe it to be a new appointment, and appears to be integrating the women's team more into the Club eg it reports in to the CEO and Technical Board (whoever they are), but doesn't mention the Board of LCW (which already includes Rob Bradley and Steve Tointon), which appears to have been running the team to date

Copy for info/interest
https://www.weareimps.com/siteasset...general-manager/womens-general-manager-jd.pdf

Fixtures out for the coming season. Looks like (partly as dates have fallen) that I'll only get to couple of games, at end Jan/beg Feb, unless the FA Cup throws up anything

It's also just been announced that the opening game of the season on Sunday August 21st v Donny Belles, will be played at the LNER Stadium (better known to most of us as Sincil Bank)

Fixtures out for the coming season. Looks like (partly as dates have fallen) that I'll only get to couple of games, at end Jan/beg Feb, unless the FA Cup throws up anything

It's also just been announced that the opening game of the season on Sunday August 21st v Donny Belles, will be played at the LNER Stadium (better known to most of us as Sincil Bank)
Heard on the radio that some of the girls were at the England match and they got recognised and asked for a photo which is nice

Just hope the game at SB on August 21st attracts a good crowd, after last nights brilliant achievement it should especially if its properly advertised in the local media. There will never be a better time to get more girls and women playing and attending games, and sport in general. Well done to LCFC in getting the game on and hopefully do it more often, but realise there is a big financial cost in just opening SB up to play games. I think Liam mentioned a figure of £10,000 / £20,000.

Just bought my ladies season ticket, although sadly I can't go to the Donny Belles game as I'm travelling up to Edinburgh that day to see the Tattoo !