Lincoln City Legends - Terry Cooper & Dennis Booth | Vital Football

Lincoln City Legends - Terry Cooper & Dennis Booth

redimpsfan100

Vital Reserves Team
It was an absolute pleasure to see these two guys amongst so many other legends.

It was great to see the rapport between TC & DB. It was well known that Sam Ellis and Terry Cooper didn't mix off the pitch. Thankfully these two seemed pretty close.

Terry Cooper was always a big hero for me. He was tenacious, feisty, cool and was an absolutely top notch and quality player.

Well done Lincoln City & Trevor Swinburne for making this venture so successful!

UTI !

Didn`t see Rory MAY on the pitch with the rest of the ledges,did he get locked in the bog just before the announcements?
........heard the handle on the toilet was a bit dodgy early in the week.

hope somebody let him out before the ground closed!

Asked Boothy to his Brian Clough impersonation again in the fan zone,it was very good.

Anybody remember him entertaining us one half time when he was out injured one game with his impersonations?

Dennis was at the Swindon game last season too with Ian Baraclough when vitals sponsored the game.
Had a chat with the Dennis about the night the wall fell down after his goal v Stoke as my Dad was on duty that game, a proper imps legend unlike when they have effing Battersby there!!

Think it was the Stockport Good Friday game.

That's correct - Good Friday afternoon 16th April 1976, we won 2-0. I think Booth was suspended for that game. Percy Freeman came back into the side after a spell out and wore the no. 4 shirt - I remember Boothy made a comment about the man wearing his shirt being 'a big bully'.

The day after was the 5-0 win against Doncaster.

BE5B0365-BEC4-4CDD-8567-C17DD595E5CB.jpeg

Had a chat with TC before the game, extremely friendly and dare I say flamboyant personality. Hard to believe he’s 68yo and had nothing but kind words to say about Sam Ellis, despite the rumour they didn’t get on, back in the day.