Lightning | Vital Football

Lightning

buckielugger

Vital 1st Team Regular
Did any one else find themselves in the middle of an apocalyptic lightning storm last night?

I've never seen a storm go on and on like that with repeated flashing non-stop for over 3 hours.
And we had a really big bang in the middle of it

Thankfully not here, as one of our dogs is terrified of storms. Might get one tonight though, doggy drugs at the ready.

Nothing here but a small percentage chance tomorrow. Have to say, I absolutely love a good thunderstorm. Dogs don't agree though!

Our first dog was a beagle and he was absolutely petrified of loud bangs - thunder and fireworks were terrible. We're now on our second black lab, and they don't bat an eyelid

We have two poodle jack russell crosses. One hides under the table, the other stands in the back yard barking like a bastard with his tail up.

Who says animals don't have personalities?

Similarly with humans.
Mrs Buckielugger is terrified of thunder and lightning, me, I absolutely love it !
Sat up until 2am until it had finally died down.
And more expected tonight and the night after !

The big bang was odd. Not thunder but a one-off massive deafening boom that shook whole house. Maybe a big hit nearby? No idea really.

Similarly with humans.
Mrs Buckielugger is terrified of thunder and lightning, me, I absolutely love it !
Sat up until 2am until it had finally died down.
And more expected tonight and the night after !

The big bang was odd. Not thunder but a one-off massive deafening boom that shook whole house. Maybe a big hit nearby? No idea really.

Yes, sounds like a very local hit.

It's planet earth reminding us who's boss. 😉

Middle of last night lighting flashes every few seconds, seemed like sheet lightning. Big storm late afternoon in Chester which apparently included a lighting strike on Morrisons, so sadly not as biblical as in North Wales.

Looks like tonights pyrotechnics might be brewing up now.

Did any one else find themselves in the middle of an apocalyptic lightning storm last night?

I've never seen a storm go on and on like that with repeated flashing non-stop for over 3 hours.
And we had a really big bang in the middle of it

Hours of it here up in the Lakes as well...

Hours of it here up in the Lakes as well...

Yes i could see online that there was a huge storm there too which then headed over to Westmoreland.

Our storm had started in mid wales then headed up to over irish sea.

And another one was over the Wirral which made its made up to Lancaster area eventually.

Yes, we had a storm n'arf here last night. The lightning went on long after the thunder had finished