Life in the championship | Page 2 | Vital Football

Life in the championship

Most of the January incomings and others will be looking to move. They will not be interested in playing in The Championship. It will take a major overhaul and the problems that come with that. What quality of Manager wil you attract as a Championship side and how many quality players, the wage bill, the attendances, the Hierarchy who are clueless on football, the coaches who are not up to it.
Far better scenario if we survive and Ashley gets rid of Pardew and his cohorts, sells a few under achievers and appoints a quality Manager with quality coaches and gets a leader on the pitch which we are sadly lacking. The likelihood of that happening is quite low.

If we do happen to survive I am pretty sure that Pardew will still be our manager come the first game of next season.

I hope you are wrong Vin. He looks to have run out of excuses. I can think of no one who has enhanced their reputations this season - their stock and the club's valuation of them has gone down after this.

vin1892 - 7/5/2013 09:30

If we do happen to survive I am pretty sure that Pardew will still be our manager come the first game of next season.

This and as ive said, there's nee pressure from anyone to do owt about it, especially when everyone wants to turn their back on the club, so there's nowt to moan about.

ukrocks0007 - 7/5/2013 09:37

I have no doubt he will still be here next season if we survive

I'm of the opposite opinion. I think if we go down he keeps his job.
If we stay up he's already agreed a pay off to fuck off

I want Pardew out it we stay up or go down his record of a good season and then totally shore the next is astounding

Chopey if you have a look at Pardes history you will see thats how he rolls, one decent season followed by turmoil, shame Ashley didn't do due dilligence on him, then again he is not one for due dilligence.

I'm just praying we don't have to see what he does in a third full season, noone knows as he's not managed it at any club he's been at.

I think the championship is great me. Less money for Ashley and seeing the lads win a few games and challenge at the top. Whats not to like ?