Lichaj | Vital Football

Lichaj

He’s a decent right back at our level but nothing special. With him and Darikwa I thought we were reasonably set on that side though so I am surprised we are getting rid. Be interesting to see how we replace him.

Not bothered about this at all. Fans like him because he celebrates wildly when he scores and he's got loads of pashun and his wife responds to fans on Twitter, but he's a liability as a defender and Darikwa has looked much better under AK.

Wingbacks & 3 CHs are probably the way we will go.

Darikwa - better suited to that than RB - as is Cash!

I have been thinking about wingbacks but struggling to see how it works.

3-5-2 is fair enough. But no one seems to have two strikers now.

These two Portuguese players plus Bridcutt/Watson/Colback then lock out Lolley.

Unless we play a 3-5-1-1 and have one of the Portuguese players in a withdrawn striker role (which Osborn could do passably).

Does that formation even work? Does anybody else do that?

Or would it be 3-4-3 with Lolley and Carvalho/Goncalves as the wide forwards with the other Portuguese player and Watson/Bridcutt in the centre?

I suppose that could work. Not sure how wing-backy the wide midfielders could be though

I've always liked his commitment, but probably time to move him on in all honesty. Darikwa was starting to look half decent towards the end of the season.

I'm not at all upset. He is a player that wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 100%. Sadly that 100% is distinctly average

Totally agree.

Eric is 100% commitment, which cannot be faulted; unfortunately he is totally fucking hopeless as a footballer.

I acknowledge that it is far too easy to focus on Eric's weaknesses like his positional awareness, the fact that he cannot tackle or pass or head the ball, so lets focus on the positives; what a clapper!

We need to go all the way back to Luke Chambers to find anyone with such World class clapping ability.

It came as no surprise that both won the highly coveted player of the season award; even less so to see them both fucked off shortly after.