It's interesting how many ex Pools strikers are playing for teams in League 2

Alessandra & Toure at Carlisle
Rodney at Port Vale
James at Barrow
Amond at Newport/Exeter
Armstrong at Harrogate
Oates at Mansfield
Kabamba at Northampton

Which perhaps shows that we've had some decent players over the years, but not the squad of players to get the best out of them!

With the notable exception of Amond I am not too sure about us not getting the best out of the strikers you name. We sure as heck got the best out of Oates, didn't we? Armstrong scored plenty for us as well. Kabambas has had a lot of clubs and it usually follows a pattern: he starts off like a house on fire and then gradually fades as the season wears on. Happened with us and then with Kilmarnock and back in the day Portsmouth and the team he was with before us ( I forget their name). Toure again started with us like a world beater but then gradually deteriorated, the squad didn't change, he did. James has always flattered to deceive and has never scored enough goals at Peterboro (almost none) Forest Green (one or two) and us year before last scored single figures but did OK. At Barrow he hasn't exactly set Holker street alight. Amond played in a vert poor Pools team and I would agree in his case we didnt have the players round him to allow him to Flourish. Alessandra was in the same team and again I agree didnt have much support but unlike Amond with Newport, he hasn't exactly been brilliant for Carlisle. A good description for Alessandra would be "journeyman". Rodney has always been an enigma but is doing fairly well with Port Vale but again he is hardly setting the league on fire.

Last edited: