Leyton Orient | Vital Football

Leyton Orient

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
A poor spectacle for us supporters. However, probably not that surprising a result.
Pools always seem to struggle against teams that set up in the way Orient did. Think of home games against Sutton, Stevenage and Scunthorpe. Big, physical teams who look to the long ball game and are content to commit fouls and frustrate any attempts to play football.
Frustratingly, the officials don't seem to be able to take control of situations and prevent players from indulging in time wasting and persistent fouling.

Only good point, for me, was the cameo of Carver, who showed something of what he can contribute in attack.

I get the impression that Pools were suffering from a post Rotheram hangover with a number of players understandably feeling tired and heavy legged. I just wondered why the likes of Holohan couldnt have had a run out, after all they would have given others (Crawford for example) a rest and even if not a success could be substituted. We go again on Tuesday and there is no reason to think the players will be less tired. Bradford got new manager and just beat Forest Green away from home. I must admit I fear the worst.