Lewis | Vital Football

Lewis

Are clubs interested? I would think at the current moment a club would be happy to offer around 6 million with add-ons and the club would want at least 7 million.

For me he is not for sale and needs another season here

Expect Jamal Lewis and Ben Godfrey to go at the end of next season as the Board continue their policy of selling all our best players progresses into its third season

They would not want to leave if we had stayed up or got promotion.
Last 3 seasons have been wasted and players can easily spot lack of ambition. The players who were stupidly purchased and on high wages
who do not want to leave will have to be given away.
Our squad is getting weaker every day.

Martin, Naismtih, Jarvis, McGovern all till here. Wildschut also maybe once Marshall is in place he will be off. I still think as a squad player Wildschut is an asset

Rumors still around today about him. Hopefully a new contract will be signed and announced soon.

This is crazy .....every time one of our players does half Ok along come the Prem vultures . Just like Madders we will be lucky to watch him play for a season

Indeed YB. January will be horrible as Godfrey - Lewis will have offers coming in and if Matthews - Cantwell do well so will they. We just have to be in top 7 by january so those players can see we are fighting for promotion and not in midtable, playing poorly and going nowhere.

We are stuck with unambitious owners and have to accept any good players will leave as soon as doing well.
That leaves us requiring a great manager to motivate an average squad.
Sadly we do not have one.

I mean it's just football lads - unless we become a Man Utd/Real Madrid there will always be clubs above us taking our players, just as we take players from teams below us.

And they're always going to be interested in the good ones...obviously!

I don't think there is much in the Lewis stuff though - I can't see a Watford/Bournemouth paying £10m (as touted in the paper), for a player who has played half a season of senior football, and imo, clearly tailed off towards the end of last season. He's still got a long way to go to be a consistent championship player for me, let alone a PL one

The question(s) should be about how this club is being run and how we got into a position AGAIN that we need alot of cash.

This follows Mr. Bowkett "digging" us out of the financial problems we had as a result of being relegated to division one

I mean it's just football lads - unless we become a Man Utd/Real Madrid there will always be clubs above us taking our players, just as we take players from teams below us.

Players will move up the football ladder over time but we are losing players at a too fast a rate.

Agree with that ! I am not happy that we have sold BOTH of kast seasons too scorers . In Robert Chases day our fans would have been up in arms , yet now they are defending the Board and saying how sensible we are being !

If Pukka Pie is as good as the shite forwards we have suffered with since Holty , then I will be pissed off enough to give my season ticket up in February . My God ..,,he had better be good