Levy speaks! | Page 8 | Vital Football

Levy speaks!

We have read a nice fairy tale about Levy, a lifetime Spurs fan (!), who became chairman and share holder of the club but without aiming to win glory on the field inside a reasonable time period!
In the meantime, he earns millions from the club and increases its selling price!!
It is another effort to fool the naive ones among the supporters and those who believe that Spurs is a Millwall!

It is ridiculous to buy a big London football club, to earn every year for yourself a salary of a few millions from the club and not to set a reasonable time period inside of which the club will be able to compete for titles and trophies.

No football club owner can set an excessively long-term target (twenty, thirty or forty years) in order to win glory on the field!
That's why Levy and Co have tried from the beginning to fool Spurs supporters by no setting such a target but they let the supporters believe that it could happen next period or the period after next.
With this method they have earned time and some millions from salaries while with constructions works they have increased the selling price of the club without winning any serious silverware!

Only a sadistic person would hold a club hostage to his long time business plans, contemning it not to win any title or trophy during all that period!!

That's the biggest load of nonsensical garbage that you've ever posted. You're clearly utterly divorced from reality and have no grasp of the PL's history over the last 20 years.

If you'd been anywhere near any club's finances ever, you'd be bust and the club would be history.

That's the biggest load of nonsensical garbage that you've ever posted. You're clearly utterly divorced from reality and have no grasp of the PL's history over the last 20 years.

If you'd been anywhere near any club's finances ever, you'd be bust and the club would be history.

I think you would find a lot of answers on how a football club can win titles and glory on the field if you could ask those who own and manage clubs like MC or Atletico Madrid.
Spurs are no smaller club than those two clubs.
The only difference between those three clubs is the ambition of their owners to set as their priority to win in the shortest possible time glory on the field with the club they own.
Nothing else.

Please try to remember that Spurs are not Millwall.

I think you would find a lot of answers on how a football club can win titles and glory on the field if you could ask those who own and manage clubs like MC or Atletico Madrid.
Spurs are no smaller club than those two clubs.
The only difference between those three clubs is the ambition of their owners to set as their priority to win in the shortest possible time glory on the field with the club they own.
Nothing else.

Please try to remember that Spurs are not Millwall.

Even sillier, and I didn't think that was possible.

If I was 82 years old and I had the fortune of Lewis, Spurs would compete regularly for titles and trophies until I died!

Even sillier, and I didn't think that was possible.

If you don't accept that the catalytic factor clubs like Arse, Chelsea, MC, Liverpool, Atletico Madrid, Sevillia, Valencia could win silverware last twenty years
while Spurs couldn't, was the ambition of their owners, please explain what else was that catalytic factor.

What I know is that on September, 1st 2008, Abu Dhabi-based Abu Dhabi United Group Investment and Development Limited completed a takeover of Manchester City. The deal, worth a reported £200 million.
Do you know how much money those owners spend next summer after they bought the club in order to strengthen the squad and how many titles and trophies has the club won since?
The catalytic factor was the ambition of the owners of the club to win in the shortest possible time silverware on the field.

Do you accept that a big club like Spurs have to wait for decades to win a single title or major trophy only because their owners don't have as their priority winning glory on the field?
What is your answer?

He would never backed the manager at key times.

We have seen this many times over 20 years. We saw it under Jol, Harry and Poch.

The year we finished 2nd still bothers me the most.

That summer we signed :

Gaz, Foyth, Aurier, Llorente, Lucas, Sanchez.

At the time I liked the Sanchez buy he looked a real prospect, so I was behind the signing. Still hopeful with a consistent back line and DM in front of him he will be a decent CB.

The rest though were clearly weak signings and would never takes us to the next level.

Now we are left with so many average players it's unreal. I think we are stuck like this for years to come. We won't spend much now the Corona virus has hit the world.

There will always be a reason why we won't under Levy. I'm sick of the bloke. I really don't like him and never will.

He would never backed the manager at key times.

We have seen this many times over 20 years. We saw it under Jol, Harry and Poch.

The year we finished 2nd still bothers me the most.

That summer we signed :

Gaz, Foyth, Aurier, Llorente, Lucas, Sanchez.

At the time I liked the Sanchez buy he looked a real prospect, so I was behind the signing. Still hopeful with a consistent back line and DM in front of him he will be a decent CB.

The rest though were clearly weak signings and would never takes us to the next level.

Now we are left with so many average players it's unreal. I think we are stuck like this for years to come. We won't spend much now the Corona virus has hit the world.

There will always be a reason why we won't under Levy. I'm sick of the bloke. I really don't like him and never will.

I always wonder how that summer might have panned out if Levy had created a meaningful budget. Because he pocketed the Wimmer, Bentaleb and Walker monies he thought it was OK to only give that much back to Poch. The budget clearly didn't stretch for what was required and we were left doing last minute shopping in the wrong stores. Then we returned to the same stores in Jan and bought Moura. You couldn't make it up.

I always wonder how that summer might have panned out if Levy had created a meaningful budget. Because he pocketed the Wimmer, Bentaleb and Walker monies he thought it was OK to only give that much back to Poch. The budget clearly didn't stretch for what was required and we were left doing last minute shopping in the wrong stores. Then we returned to the same stores in Jan and bought Moura. You couldn't make it up.
Levy must have known all along that something like this virus would come. So he cut his cloth wisely ( his Mr Byrite training there ). He ran a low end clothes shop business by serving up shite quality products to idiots.

He will probably take credit for us coming out the other side of this......If it hadn't been for my prudence !!!!

Levy must have known all along that something like this virus would come. So he cut his cloth wisely ( his Mr Byrite training there ). He ran a low end clothes shop business by serving up shite quality products to idiots.

He will probably take credit for us coming out the other side of this......If it hadn't been for my prudence !!!!

F--k off! LOL!

When I was younger, they were the only place to go for Ben Sherman shirts!

F--k off! LOL!

When I was younger, they were the only place to go for Ben Sherman shirts!

Ha, ha, I bought a dark blue suit inc waistcoat, made in Romania for 19.99. You could see through the fabric it was so thin. Courtesy of Mr Byrite. I would buy most of my clothes from Gerry Rosehills a lovely Jewish guy, then go to Victoria Shoes with the carrier bags. When the owner saw you had been to Rosehills he would give 10 % off your shoes, he was Jewish too. This was in Southend.

I wasnt a Staypress, Harrington, Sherman and Dr Martin's type, bit of a mixture, flares and platform boots, Crombie and Loafers, ....those were the days.

Ambition is not necessarily sound financially or legal.

But ambition can be also sound both financially and legally!

Here we are talking about owners who are ambitious to win titles and trophies with their clubs and owners who don't have such ambition and hold a big club hostage to their business plans.

FFP rule
Galatasaray appealed the decision to CAS arguing that FFP is illegal under EU Competition law.
On 15 February 2019, CAS announced that the appeal by Galatasaray with respect to the decision rendered by the UEFA Club Financial Control Body Adjudicatory Chamber on 5 October 2018 has been upheld.

We have to wait for the final decision as well for the appeal of MC.

But ambition can be also sound both financially and legally!

Here we are talking about owners who are ambitious to win titles and trophies with their clubs and owners who don't have such ambition and hold a big club hostage to their business plans.

FFP rule
Galatasaray appealed the decision to CAS arguing that FFP is illegal under EU Competition law.
On 15 February 2019, CAS announced that the appeal by Galatasaray with respect to the decision rendered by the UEFA Club Financial Control Body Adjudicatory Chamber on 5 October 2018 has been upheld.

We have to wait for the final decision as well for the appeal of MC.

Galatasary only got away with it on a technicality because UEFA overlooked their own 10-day appeal rule.

This has been discussed here many times.

Does anyone know if Levy runs a business or participates to any other kind of business where he has an income or gets profit next to the salary and bonuses he gets from Spurs?

Does anyone know if Levy runs a business or participates to any other kind of business where he has an income or gets profit next to the salary and bonuses he gets from Spurs?

I think Spurs is it although his real estate interests are extensive from what I've read. But I view that a passive investment.