Letter to 11 clubs (including Forest) about gambling ads | Page 7 | Vital Football

Letter to 11 clubs (including Forest) about gambling ads

Dunno - I would still put them in a similar category.

My dad was a gambling addict. He would mostly lose and then when he did, when I was a kid he would come home and beat the shit out of me (at least a couple times a week) and say it was my fault that we were poor.

We would regularly go for days without food despite him having a relatively well paid full time job.

When my mum eventually divorced him, he moved to the US.

He died when he was still working because he didn't keep up with his medical insurance because of gambling.

Despite working for nearly 50 years, the only 'assets' that he died with were a fold-up bed, mattress, TV, hob stove, a few clothes and personal effects and $10 in his wallet.

Because of gambling.
Gambling is one of the most insidious and destructive addictions in society and I can only sympathise with anyone who has had to experience it.

The real horror is that your experience would be seen as mild in comparison to some. It really is frightening how devastating it can be.

Gambling is one of the most insidious and destructive addictions in society and I can only sympathise with anyone who has had to experience it.

The real horror is that your experience would be seen as mild in comparison to some. It really is frightening how devastating it can be.

It's unbelievable that they're can be more extreme levels than this, but I'm sure there.

The funny thing was that his lifetime ambition was always to go to Vegas but he never managed to save enough money to do it because of his gambling addiction.

PMSL.

It's unbelievable that they're can be more extreme levels than this, but I'm sure there.

The funny thing was that his lifetime ambition was always to go to Vegas but he never managed to save enough money to do it because of his gambling addiction.

PMSL.
Unfortunately so and you don’t even have to look that hard. This is the problem though, a lot of people think it’s just a case of going into debt then going into recovery.

Yes the irony of that is almost awe inspiring. You just can’t help but laugh at the statement even taking into account the tragedy behind it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55958315

https://the-bigstep.com/home/f/our-letter-to-11-football-clubs-regarding-direct-gambling

rs=w:1280
Ive had stick over the years for my views on this actually, pharmaceuticals too. Theres clearly synergies with comparing gambling to tobacco and booze in th sense it can induce harm to somme people, sport should reflect healthy themes, simple as that

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62978864
West Ham were one of seven clubs with links to betting sites from children's pages, which break regulators' rules.

But the commission could not confirm if action would be taken against them.

The clubs included Premier League sides Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham and Aston Villa, plus QPR, Millwall and Reading from the Championship.

Bookies are parasites and their relationship with the EPL is a fucking disgrace.

Don't forget you also have FIFA video games training kids to gamble their parents money away and get addicted with its 'loot box' stuff.

Football and the gambling industry need to get the hell away from each other and do their own thing.

Yes they make an apollyon style arrangement.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ubs-taking-cut-of-gamblers-losses-with-skybet
English football clubs have been taking a cut of the money fans lose with the bookmaker SkyBet, the Guardian can reveal, prompting accusations that they are exploiting supporters and gambling addicts.

An internal document shows that members of the Football League (EFL), made up of the 72 clubs outside the Premier League, operated as “affiliates” for SkyBet. An affiliate is a middleman who encourages a gambler to bet with a particular company, which then pays them a percentage of the money that person goes on to lose, sometimes for the rest of their life.

The document states that clubs were entitled to a “share of losses […] from accounts registered in your club name to Sky Bet through our affiliate partnership”.

The EFL said that the arrangement, which lasted six years, was scrapped at the start of the 2019-20 season but admitted that some clubs were still receiving funds under the “legacy” contracts and would continue cashing in until the end of the 2023-24 season.

obviously, it isnt gambling per se, more the addiction to it, same as with most things. Im a profitable poker player and thats officially gambling yet its based on maths so its actually a skill game. certainly not addicted to it tho, cant find the grinding hours required