Letter in the Gazette.. | Vital Football

Letter in the Gazette..

Premier 1

Vital Football Legend
A supporters letter in the Gazette with which contains a lot of home truths....(Perhaps Sexy can put it on this board)It points out the hypocrisy of some fans and lack of respect for those who support the team by going to home games..... :clap: :clap:

premier 1 - 15/8/2016 08:25

A supporters letter in the Gazette with which contains a lot of home truths....(Perhaps Sexy can put it on this board)It points out the hypocrisy of some fans and lack of respect for those who support the team by going to home games..... :clap: :clap:

You are by far the biggest hypocrite on this site. you are shameless beyond belief. :devil:

BobHatton - 15/8/2016 12:04

Don't reply to this thread folks. It's Prem on a wind-up campaign...
It is not my intention to wind anyone up,but every discussion as two sides ...

premier 1 - 15/8/2016 13:01

BobHatton - 15/8/2016 12:04

Don't reply to this thread folks. It's Prem on a wind-up campaign...
It is not my intention to wind anyone up,but every discussion as two sides ...

The problem is...you don't ever listen to the 'other' side. You are so entrenched in the ways of the Oystons that you cannot see how they have killed BFC and that is why reasonable minded supporters just will not go back until they have gone...Don't forget...when they go...YOU go!!!

Most discussions I have with friends have many sides and multiple nuances but I guess for a Daily Mail reader there are only ever two.....yours and the wrong one.

Bear1951 - 15/8/2016 17:29

Most discussions I have with friends have many sides and multiple nuances but I guess for a Daily Mail reader there are only ever two.....yours and the wrong one.
Bear go onto the Gazette letters and read and digest,then comment ...t :tup:

SPORT
We shouldn’t have to put up with insults It’s about time to put an end to this hypocrisy and let those of us who want to watch Blackpool FC at Bloomfield Road do so without the insults and intimidation. After watching an amazing League Cup game against Bolton, I made the mistake of mentioning it on social media. Some might say I should have shown better judgment, but it was a fantastic spectacle. Unfortunately, shortly after the backlash of insults and intimidation began. I really don’t understand this mentality where they claim a right to judge

One of the more annoying parts is the hypocrisy. Those who ranted about Owen Oyston’s conviction from the mid-90s were the same people who regularly attended the matches when we were in the Premiership; odd how it wasn’t a big problem for them then. Then there’s the bit about suing fans; if people act illegally or unlawfully, should they not be prepared for the consequences? It’s like playing with fire and complaining about getting burnt. I missed Blackpool’s promotion to both the Championship and Premiership because I was on operational deployments. Before I joined the Army I regularly watched Blackpool play in the third and fourth division in a dilapidated stadium. I was as frustrated as anyone when I returned home after 20-odd years’ service and watched the slide from the Championship; I’m not going to bow to vitriolic pressure and miss the chance to see us climb back up the league again. If people want to stay away, that is their choice and I respect that, all I ask is that you respect my choice. Name and address supplied

I have no idea who wrote this article but I have to say that I agree with the sentiments expressed in the letter. Why should people feel threatened every time they express a view that is contrary to the "oyston out brigade".i have tried to support Preston, Fleetwood and Fylde FC but they are not my team. I also will continue to go to the home matches to support Blackpool who ever owns the club.

Bear1951 - 15/8/2016 17:29

:clap:

Apparently the letter was sent in by a Mr Doffer! :tophat:

AvfTIT makes some crass reading after Saturday. 'The mushrooms sat in the main stand bought their tickets from OFC turned your back when tbe call came to stand up blah blah ......'

Bought our tickets from Moreycambey. Stood up and sang when the somg came out but hey don't let that take away from your first game in 2 years...

That last line being the key.

How many fans do we actually think will come back to watch a 4th division team IF the Os ever left?
I'd hazard a guess at 4000 for the first game - if it was a Sat and that number dwindling until it reached a hardcore 2500. Thats the figure who I reckon would come back on top of the crowd already going in and would keep going in.
Since 78 - thats what - 38 yrs we have been out of the bottom 2 divisions for the grand total of 8 seasons. Our crowd average the season we went up v Yeovil was 6877. Last season our first back in the old 3rd division was 7052. An increase of 175.
The season we went up v Orient it was 4457.
There seems to.be a belief that if the Os went we would have thousands upon thousands flooding back all buying STs and supporting the team. History and reality will probably reflect that most people don't want to watch lower league football.
3000 on average dropped off in our last season in the championship. Yep we finished bottom.
But when you think about it you can understand why OO says fans will come back to watch a winning side. The stats reflect that.
We've lost a generation of fans. Thats the most galling thing for me. Everyome still going are the old faces from.the 4457 15 years ago.
Most if they are like me have been going before the Os came and I hope Im still around when theyv'e gone.
But for those who have seen great success in recent years yet call those who have supported the team for considerably longer don't forget to put on the orange boiler suit, wig, gloves and face paint and tell the rest of us what to do.

premier 1 - 15/8/2016 19:27

Talks a lot of Sense whoever wrote it,but then again the truth hurts....

Let me guess it was you who wrote it?

There's not that many left as stupid as you to support that lot. As for talking sense . . . if sense means from your bottom then I agree! :tophat:

Owen thinks the fans will come back if we start winning? Realistically where can we aim with the current lot in charge? I'd say back up to league one and no higher and dropping back down again every so often because that's about their ambition, we were about to drop back down into our current division until belokon stepped in but I can't see anyone else like that coming in. They've proved beyond any doubt that they care little for any of us or our club. I'm one of the hardcore that followed us week in week out in the bottom divisions but I won't return I wouldn't forgive myself if I did, everyone's got a choice and mine is to stop away .

I agree Sexy - it IS everyone's own choice but there is a certain poster on here who simply can't understand WHY people stay away and that that is THEIR choice also....

BobHatton - 16/8/2016 00:04

I agree Sexy - it IS everyone's own choice but there is a certain poster on here who simply can't understand WHY people stay away and that that is THEIR choice also....

Bob, it seems as though there are now a good many (or is it just a couple of old duffers/doffers with dozens of aliases? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ) who are trying their best to defend their despicable support of the evil regime?

Selfish, hypocritical, unprincipled, stupid?

All of the above?

You are correct it's everyone's choice also to hold them views!

Today's Gazette(19/08/16)another good letter on the fans at the Morcambe game from one who was there worth a read.It relates to rival Blackpool fans and for whatever reason in my view should not happen.....I rely on other posters to be put on here...(I must get one of my sons to show me how to do it)... :tup: