Lets talk gadgets | Vital Football

Lets talk gadgets

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
Posting partly cos I know the reactions I am going to get :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

So I have always wanted the Dyson hairdryer set: it costs £299. Well with my holiday to Kefelonia being cancelled I decided to treat myself, It is absolutely amazing.

I can hear Mr KK now and what he would be saying. I would also be saying ''what about all your blumin gadgets?'' :LOL:

So guys what is the most expensive gadget you have bought your other half has had a meltdown over. Ofcourse include what your other half has bought that you had a meltdown over the price too, for herself

I'm not married so I haven't got anyone telling me what I can and can't spend my money on yet :grinning:

Phones are my biggest weakness gadget-wise. I replaced my computer last year but that was getting on for 10 years old.

I'll be replacing my current phone when the next iPhones are announced, but that's only because I fancy a jump up in size to one of the bigger phones. They're so expensive now though that I'll have to slow down a bit in future.

So my thinking is that if I can finally get the big screen that I'm looking for (rumour has it that Apple will be releasing a 6.7 inch one this year, which would be the biggest they've ever made), then I'll be happy to keep it for a good few years!

KK, If you want the hairdryer, and you can afford it then why shouldn’t you have it? I’m also sure that Mr KK would have wanted you to treat yourself.

The economy actually needs us to spend now ironically.

it’s a difficult one, when I bought my first computer it was a gadget, and phones, I Pads etc , I suppose the first 486 windows 3.1 computer. It was around a £1000 at the time, VHS video recorder, that was similar , and a video camera in the early days.
pro rata they are so much cheaper now.

The new TV I bought 18 months ago was very controversial. Just went out and got it. Didn't consult at all.
When she came home from work and saw the size of it ( don't start!) her face was a picture.
55 inch which was a big upgrade to what we had before. Seemed huge then but now wish I had gone 60 inch .

Despite having an ultra HD all singing and dancing TV she still will watch things in non HD just to annoy me . Think it's her way of showing continued disapproval. Apparently there is no difference!. :lol:

Oh well. I love my tv!.

I am an acknowledged gadget obsessed man. I will try anything new, just to see what it's like.

My latest is a Bafang Mid-drive electric conversion kit for my bike. It is epic.

KK, If you want the hairdryer, and you can afford it then why shouldn’t you have it? I’m also sure that Mr KK would have wanted you to treat yourself.

The economy actually needs us to spend now ironically.

it’s a difficult one, when I bought my first computer it was a gadget, and phones, I Pads etc , I suppose the first 486 windows 3.1 computer. It was around a £1000 at the time, VHS video recorder, that was similar , and a video camera in the early days.
pro rata they are so much cheaper now.

Thank you Trekker. I was expecting meltdowns so I am happily surprised.

Gadgets are important for men and women I think.

Oh gosh! Yes = pro rata. My eldest couldn't believe video recorders were coming out when he was born for the average family (though were introduced in the 70s I believe) when he was born in 1985.

We paid £300 for it back then! Thinking of first mobile back in 1989 too! Ex was on building sites so had one of those great big brick type. That was a fortune then too

I do like nice kit.

My Arcam cd player (yes, cd's what of it?!) is ace, as are the Mordaunt-Short speakers.

Got a Bibo water filter hot/cold water doo dah, it is great, as the water around here is rank, this makes it very tasty.

And then there is the ultra extravagance, my gym and the kit in there. Including converting the garage, that was in excess of £10k. Never regretted it, it is where I am most happy. It is a professional gym, had a personal instructor offer to use and pay me recently, I declined. I could hire it out, but .. well, put simply, I don't want to, it is my happy place.

I do like nice kit.

My Arcam cd player (yes, cd's what of it?!) is ace, as are the Mordaunt-Short speakers.

Got a Bibo water filter hot/cold water doo dah, it is great, as the water around here is rank, this makes it very tasty.

And then there is the ultra extravagance, my gym and the kit in there. Including converting the garage, that was in excess of £10k. Never regretted it, it is where I am most happy. It is a professional gym, had a personal instructor offer to use and pay me recently, I declined. I could hire it out, but .. well, put simply, I don't want to, it is my happy place.

well, I think that deserves a wider audience!

I always stay on top of my PC and at the moment I cant get any higher spec to make a significant benefit, I did spend on a 4K ultra hd monitor.
The Apple home pod is worth every penny in my honest opinion as is the Echo Show 8 for the kitchen.

I love gadgets either TV or digital anything I'm in/