Let's take stock..... | Vital Football

Let's take stock.....

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Traditionally the Christmas/New Year period of fixtures can sort the men from the boys and usually has quite a bearing on the final placings. So, where are WE at?
Sitting in 8th place, two places outside the play-offs on 35 points with a game in hand seems reasonable. We've not had the greatest recent form but we're still in touch so that's a positive.
On the flip side, we're mid table with 11 points separating us from a relegation spot......

I'd personally take a mid-table position at the end of this season and if we DO sneak into the play-offs, even better.
I think we'll eventually see hierarchy change next season and so if we can stay afloat in this division, I'd take it.

What are your thoughts oh learner ones?

Terry doing a fine job. Extra cup games and injuries taking their toll of late. We couldn't ask for much more right now.

Ive seen some really good displays and also some very poor. wins and losses in both camps. I thought at one stage we might make the PO but cannot see it now, there are better teams at the top and the bottom is why it is. Mid table , but dare i say lower mid. T mac has done a good job, with someone else's team, his man management seems to be good and the players like him but the subbing of late has seemed strange. he also likes to give everyone a shot whilst i would prefer to see our best 11 out there week in week out. Big changes again in 2019/20 season as we start releasing out of contracts , loanees and sale.

GB leaving after 1 game was nothing short of a shock.
TMcP has worked nothing short of a miracle with what he has to play with.
Spearing has been immense, the likes of Bola and Heneghan have slotted in.
IMO Pritchard isn't up to this level, and Nottingham is a sub at best, he would be caught out playing regularly.
Injuries are taking their toll, the loss of Ryan is coming to the fore now, Spearing needs a hand.
Our recent dip coincides with Turtons' injury, he is a bigger player for us than most of us realise.
Frenchie has been a revelation, however he does miss that killer instinct, something that we expect from Cullen but if truth be told he is not the same player he was pre-donny injury 17months ago.

This transfer window will decide our fate for this season. I think we are too good to go down, gulps, and a couple of decent signings could see us push for the playoffs.
I don't see Frenchie being in demand, I do see Tilts', agent pushing for a move, after the Arsenal game, hewill no doubt declare himself fit for that game.

We have missed Vassell more than Robertson. KV stats since leaving are 11 appearances 0 goals. I note he has had his annual Christmasitus injury and has not played since the end of November, the grass isn't always greener on the other side, Tilt should remember that.