Let's Help Deano Choose a New Car | Page 3 | Vital Football

Let's Help Deano Choose a New Car

Been quite enjoying the new top gear, some tip top motors being shown!

The new McClaren supercar is positively cheap at £200 000 !

I think Chris Harris is brilliant. He seems to do more of the reviews, which is fine by me. He's such a misery.

Did you not think the Fukushima bit was reminiscent of when the old TG went to Chernobyl?

Some bits are a bit samey, but I suppose there are only so many formulas you can have.

Yes I have to say, I am loving the current series. Just had enough of the schtick from Clarkson and his lackies. I'm even warming to Matt LeBlanc!

As you say Heath, there is only so much you can do with the formula, but it works so there is no need to mess with it.

I too an enjoying TG more this series, Rory Ried has absolutely zero charisma though, they need to replace him I think.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 15/3/2018 17:15

I am still not sure I'm talking to you, Ian. Jealousy is a hard thing to get over.

:82: :82: :82: :82: :82: :82:

lol, no need for jealousy Bob, at least not until June :17:

Look what poppedup in my science feed today.

http://www.climatechangenews.com/2018/03/16/norways-electric-car-demand-outstripping-supply-lessons-eu/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ClimateHome+%28Climate+Home%29

Norway is the country with the highest number of electric cars per capita in the world. One out of every five new cars sold is electric, and more than 50% of new cars sold in 2017 were electric or plug-in hybrids.

Driven by generous tax breaks (carrot) and increasing road tolls (stick), demand for EVs has been rising rapidly. Because of these tax breaks, electric cars can be sold at the same price as fossil fuel vehicles. EVs, however, are considerably cheaper to run.

My problem with having an electric car is their range. Hybrids are no good either as their fuel consumption is no better than the average petrol vehicle. With my company car it makes no difference it's my own car that matters.
I will be looking to change the X1 next year and hoping there will be something out that suits my needs.
Maybe I will lease as purchasing a diesel or petrol car doesn't look to make financial sense as time goes on.

The range is getting better. The new Jag and the Tesla both do about 300 miles. That's the minimum I personally would go for.

As for hybrids, a plugin hybrid gives you a completely electric car for short journeys day to day, with the backup of a conventional engine for longer journeys or if you can't charge for some reason. There aren't enough out yet, which is disappointing.

Unless liquid hydrogen is perfected, it seems we are stuck with electric.

The good news is that people are developing new batteries that charge in about 5 minutes and go twice as far.

The problem the article highlights is that manufacturers aren't making enough of them. There is no point Governments setting climate change targets if the car companies don't produce the finished article.

My new toy has arrived and it's lovely! That is all.

Just bought a brand new Volvo V40 crosscountry 2 litre diesel and I'm loving it and something I have been totally against is personalised number plates but my girlfriend found one GA63TOR my Villa name and year of my birth just had to have it.Was a wrench to let go of my 04 citreon xsara 2 litre diesel saloon never once let me down great car.But it was the end of the road when I went to Huntingdon races to watch my horse Daario run and has I pulled into the owners and trainers car park the female car park attendant stopped me and said this is for owners and trainers only you know so I flashed my owners card and said ya cheeky fucking cow said with a big smile on my face.

In all seriousness, your experience will be very interesting for the rest of us. I have one friend with an EV, but their range is only about 120 miles. The Tesla is a different animal!!

Of course, that's everyone else. I don't want to hear another word on the matter.

I've just ordered a new motor, a bit nervous about the financial investment to be honest. When I have worked out what we pay today, including fuel, toll roads (a part of every day life over here) and repairs and then factor in that the new car has a guarantee, will be exempt from toll road fees and, as long as I use the Superchargers, will cost me absolutely zero in fuel charges for the entire time I own the car, my monthly expenses will go up between £50 and £120 depending on social use of the car (I've only calculated use to and from work) I can afford this without any problem but the numbers are big and scary, the only time I've ever borrowed anything like this amount before is when buying our house (It's not quite that price but it's still a big number). I'll add that in Norway they are so enthusiastic about electric cars that it costs a lot less here than in the UK, in fact it's less than similar petrol/diesel cars. I've ordered this:-
Interesting, lithium doesn’t like anything below zero and charging can’t take place below zero without a heater element. I hope it goes well because I do like the idea.