Let's be putting it into perspective | Vital Football

Let's be putting it into perspective

Canary Kevin

Vital Squad Member
As our premiership, season is about to start properly and put into perspective, we tend to get excited about splashing out on £8m to £10m players. We still have an awful lot of teams to play who have spent between £40m and £100m on quality players. Surely we should not over expect too much from footballers who want to play for NCFC and get behind them (mistakes and all). OTBC

I think we all support the team wherever we are even we can’t go otherwise there is no point in going to games ( if you are able to go ) . I hope the quality of player we have bought is enough to keep us in this League , but the truth of the matter is while ever we have the Smiths in charge this is about as far as we can go as they simply do not have the finances to run a Premier League club .

I think we all support the team wherever we are even we can’t go otherwise there is no point in going to games ( if you are able to go ) . I hope the quality of player we have bought is enough to keep us in this League , but the truth of the matter is while ever we have the Smiths in charge this is about as far as we can go as they simply do not have the finances to run a Premier League club .
Not an ideal world YB as you say. Whilst we live in this unlevel playing field. Maybe we will somehow manage 17th and then again for a few more years and then speculate to accumulate. Maybe pigs will fly but either way, we will continue to support our team.

While someone can spend £100 m on a Grealish and find a gem equally they can spend £50 m on a Torres and end up with egg on their face.

We have had a number of well thought of players that we purchased for not very much (And sold for a Lot). We also purchased Wolfswinkle. Whoops.

I hope all our new purchases exceed our expectations and our existing players continue to raise their game. If that were to happen 17th would be a lowly ambition and I would be looking for a mid table finish.

Yeh, I know. Yellow and Green.

While someone can spend £100 m on a Grealish and find a gem equally they can spend £50 m on a Torres and end up with egg on their face.

We have had a number of well thought of players that we purchased for not very much (And sold for a Lot). We also purchased Wolfswinkle. Whoops.

I hope all our new purchases exceed our expectations and our existing players continue to raise their game. If that were to happen 17th would be a lowly ambition and I would be looking for a mid table finish.

Yeh, I know. Yellow and Green.
Like Leroy fer. We signed for 4 million (I think) and sold for 10 million (I think) and Godfrey who we signed for 2.5 million and sold for 25 million.

True DG. If they are good, we make a profit and if they don't work out (sometimes our flops can come good elsewhere. Can't think of one atm) we cut our losses. One advantage of buying cheap is that profits are greater and losses are smaller.

True DG. If they are good, we make a profit and if they don't work out (sometimes our flops can come good elsewhere. Can't think of one atm) we cut our losses. One advantage of buying cheap is that profits are greater and losses are smaller.

Harry Kane seemed to do okay after leaving us, Bamford too. I also think some of the players who've not really played much have been worth having around for their affect on the wider group who are playing more regularly. I do think though whilst we have to sell our best to keep going we will never establish ourselves at this level. Even if we are very good at selling for 30m and finding a replacement just as good for 5mill there will on probability alone come a time where we have a bad window and then we're back to square one. We really do need more investment and I think for that reason we need a change of ownership. Of course we will all continue to watch and support Norwich forevermore regardless, but those of us who want to see us really push on know there is only one real way.

Harry Kane was a loan at the early stages of his career; we may have helped him on the way to what he has become a little. I'll give you Bamford Nathan, I nearly put him in but he annoys me so much that I begrudge his apparent success. His England performance, when he had the opportunity to showcase his undoubted talent was just lacklustre. A bit like how he was at Norwich imho.

Last edited:
So now we're through our yet again fixture creators huge and blatent abuse of City by commencing with nearly all top team matches to stuff any chance of us having a decent start for once. Add in the international break and our players international commitments especially the new late transfer signings, we have certainly been put at the bottom of a vertical mountain.
So, for me, now the season commences and a more than even chance of getting a result. Add in the new recruits and Gilmore then the look of the team selection will be a lot newer and fresher, just like the start of a new season. Pukki needs a rest on the basis of DF's justification of our other internationals needing a rest due to playing their international matches. Pukki also isnt Prem level and I think this is being starting to be proven yet again, unless new recruits Normann and co can give him better service. We await Watford at home. Shouldnt be a better chance to start our points tally rolling. And there's one more thing - they all still have to play the top teams we already have so that is catch-up time - hopefully.