Let's All Buy Cocaine From The British Government | Page 2 | Vital Football

Let's All Buy Cocaine From The British Government

There's the scope to consider as well, what drugs would be legalised? Marijuana is too easy an example, it is relatively begin for adults (not for young people whose brains have not fully developed though).

Cocaine, ecstasy, other opioids can be extremely dangerous, and even worse in interaction with other drugs (including alcohol).

I think the calculus is somewhat simple, baring in mind, I agree with legalisation. You'd have to accept more people using and abusing drugs and therefore accept more people going to hospital (e.g. for sustaining injuries whilst high) and requiring long term treatment for addictions (you'd have to assume that governments are prepared to allocate increased budgets for this but have to accept this may not happen sufficiently). You'd likely have to accept more drug influenced crime since drugs like cocaine and ecstasy can precipitate violent and/or risky behaviour. You probably wouldn't lose the illegal drug trade entirely.

Benefits are of course listed in other posts already. But again, just keen to stress it would not be a free lunch and could have unintended consequences.

Don't all of those downsides exist at the moment in addition to the violence and gang culture in the UK and the utter destruction of countries like Mexico.

Don't all of those downsides exist at the moment in addition to the violence and gang culture in the UK and the utter destruction of countries like Mexico.
I think they'd be increased with more people using drugs. Like I say, I would legalise almost all drugs but feel there's trade offs to bare in mind.

Marijuana has less severe effects than alcohol. The latter ruins many lives, and is a terrible drug, for the wrong person.

As said above, properly regulated, I would expect fewer problems than we currently have, and a revenue stream to cover treatment for those affected.

Surely marijuana would be legalised before all that other chemical junk?

I smoke it now and again, in my room, writing and listening to music. Meanwhile fellas on the alcohol drug are outside my window beating the heads off each other and crashing their cars into lamp posts.

Surely marijuana would be legalised before all that other chemical junk?

I smoke it now and again, in my room, writing and listening to music. Meanwhile fellas on the alcohol drug are outside my window beating the heads off each other and crashing their cars into lamp posts.
Legalised cannabis would open up a lot of sweet opportunities tbh. For the current stuff, like all drugs, it is impossible to verify exactly what's in it, including what it is potentially laced with or simply how strong it is, i.e. how much THC is in it.

If legalised one can imagine a number of products which have different THC/ CBD combinations.

Portugal is the case study isn't it? It's a polarizing view. You can get cocaine anywhere you want, its not difficult. I've been in 3 separate US Cities where we didn't know anyone and my friends got it easily, within 2 or 3 hours. Lads in my small town in Ireland get it all the time. Mates have gone travelling and get it anywhere they want.

Its funny how the view of these things changes if it comes in a plastic bottle with your name on it. I've was given ridiculous painkillers when I had ACL surgery (opioids) and I know people who can game the system for Adderall.

For the current stuff, like all drugs, it is impossible to verify exactly what's in it, including what it is potentially laced with or simply how strong it is, i.e. how much THC is in it.

Cigarettes and Alcohol are everywhere and well regulated not sure why we ban a plant. The ban on these things is what makes them dangerous.

A friend of a friend got some bad weed and I think it properly fucked her up. She is a looney tune now and dependent on her parents. She had one of those awful hallucinations and according to my friend she's now one of these crazy liberals, and just all round loser. Doesnt work, smokes everyday and blames all the problems on outside influences.

Cigarettes and Alcohol are everywhere and well regulated not sure why we ban a plant. The ban on these things is what makes them dangerous.

A friend of a friend got some bad weed and I think it properly fucked her up. She is a looney tune now and dependent on her parents. She had one of those awful hallucinations and according to my friend she's now one of these crazy liberals, and just all round loser. Doesnt work, smokes everyday and blames all the problems on outside influences.
It's not uncommon for weed to be laced with LSD, if she had hallucinations then it was almost certain her weed was laced with some sort of hallucinogenic (such as LSD).

Legalised cannabis would open up a lot of sweet opportunities tbh. For the current stuff, like all drugs, it is impossible to verify exactly what's in it, including what it is potentially laced with or simply how strong it is, i.e. how much THC is in it.

If legalised one can imagine a number of products which have different THC/ CBD combinations.

Exactly, at least you would know what you're getting. Mate of mine lives in Canada, he can just go down the shop and pick out all sorts of products which give the CBD/THC levels.

The guy I get stuff off is sound, and knows what stuff he gets in. He was telling me some of the dealers around the place spray the weed with a chemical just to make smell more potent, as it's probably just bushweed but they want to sell it for the same price anyway.

That's really fucked up and dangerous if it was laced with something, especially LSD.

If someone handed me a joint, with me thinking it was just weed, and then to be told a bit later that there's LSD in it, I'd strangle the fucker on the spot. I've done trips and I never want to do them again.

That's really fucked up and dangerous if it was laced with something, especially LSD.

If someone handed me a joint, with me thinking it was just weed, and then to be told a bit later that there's LSD in it, I'd strangle the fucker on the spot. I've done trips and I never want to do them again.
Psychedelics are very dangerous. They can actually cause point blank psychotic breaks which people never fully recover from. Some people are more predisposed to psychological issues than others and certain types of drugs can bring that out.

Psychedelics are very dangerous. They can actually cause point blank psychotic breaks which people never fully recover from. Some people are more predisposed to psychological issues than others and certain types of drugs can bring that out.

Thats what it was lad, she had a psychotic break, I knew there was a word for it. She was a nice enough girl and already leaning toward a little 'mad' but supposedly this was the end of it. She's firmly in the tinfoil hate brigade these days.

There’s definitely advantages of that proposed approach but do feel like it would probably raise more questions than answers. Will it really make a big enough impact, or could it encourage more people to try it?

I have been an advocate of this for many years, it keeps surfacing from time to time but always gets shouted down.
Yes some people do get a bit fired up on certain drugs, but its nothing to the devastation caused in our towns and cities every weekend with bellends off their faces on booze, looking to batter anyone who happens to catch their gaze.
As said by some we have had a war on drugs since the sixties and this is about the only thing they havent tried, so why not.

I have been an advocate of this for many years, it keeps surfacing from time to time but always gets shouted down.
Yes some people do get a bit fired up on certain drugs, but its nothing to the devastation caused in our towns and cities every weekend with bellends off their faces on booze, looking to batter anyone who happens to catch their gaze.
As said by some we have had a war on drugs since the sixties and this is about the only thing they havent tried, so why not.

Yep if alcohol and fags were invented tomorrow they'd get banned. I can just
image calling a smoker or a pisshead an addict but that is exactly what they are Me I fucking eat, I love eating I could eat for England

As I'm in longterm recovery (18 years next March) I think I can safely say some stuff about alcohol. If it was introduced today it would be a class A banned drug. I am not anti alcohol. There are millions who can drink it normally.

However there are 8.5 million people in this country who addicted or not, actively abuse alcohol whether through binge drinking, heavy drinking or addiction. There is a covert difference between all 3.

The cost of alcohol in 2019 as a whole to the U.K alone to all the different services was 25 billion. 3 billion of that was to the NHS.

People don't realise how much drink costs and it that it is far more than just medically.

It crosses the line into prisons, courts, child services and all the various that become involved through child services, all other social services, housing, homelessness, recovery services, police, ambulance, fire ad infinitum

The cost of alcohol is far greater however that doesn't mean I'm advocating drug legalisation either. I don't know what the right answer is to these questions either. Things must be tried to see if they work or not

Last edited:
I don't smoke but I once shared a spliff in Amsterdam with a very famous now deceased music great. Didn't like it but it could have been due to the fact I don't smoke. What I do like however is entonox.

Last edited:
People that smoke weed and enjoy it simply cannot experience what i do. I hate it. I go into a world where everything looks grubby, i feel like a tramp, i am paranoid beyond belief, i just hid away and just wanted to sleep it off. Horrible. One of the worst feelings ive ever had.
Other drugs i have took the absolute piss with though. Unfortunately.