Let's All Buy Cocaine From The British Government | Vital Football

Let's All Buy Cocaine From The British Government

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Cocaine, ecstasy and amphetamines should be “nationalised” and sold legally in government-run pharmacies to undermine global drug-related crime, a UK drugs reform charity has recommended.

In a book – with a foreword written by the former prime minister of New Zealand Helen Clark – the drugs liberalisation campaign group Transform has sought to set out practical ways to sell the drugs in state-run special pharmacies as an alternative to what it calls the “unwinnable war against drugs”

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ged-to-sell-cocaine-and-ecstasy-in-pharmacies

Cocaine, ecstasy and amphetamines should be “nationalised” and sold legally in government-run pharmacies to undermine global drug-related crime, a UK drugs reform charity has recommended.

In a book – with a foreword written by the former prime minister of New Zealand Helen Clark – the drugs liberalisation campaign group Transform has sought to set out practical ways to sell the drugs in state-run special pharmacies as an alternative to what it calls the “unwinnable war against drugs”

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ged-to-sell-cocaine-and-ecstasy-in-pharmacies
HAHA That would get the economy rolling again maybe they will be able to make designated snort areas in pubs so I will be able to take a dump when I need one.

I agree with legalisation. It's not a free lunch, you'll have to accept more people using drugs (and therefore some public health impact), but (a) it will drive down a big chunk the criminal activity surrounding it, (b) provides another source of revenue and (c) reduces resources spent policing it.

The war on drugs has not worked.

I agree with legalisation. It's not a free lunch, you'll have to accept more people using drugs (and therefore some public health impact), but (a) it will drive down a big chunk the criminal activity surrounding it, (b) provides another source of revenue and (c) reduces resources spent policing it.

The war on drugs has not worked.

I fully agree. I would say though, I'm not big into drugs. I smoked a little weed as a teenager but never got big into like like some of my mates. I'd never do cocaine, I wouldn't even know where to start looking for it but I might do legal cocaine.

I'd imagine for the vast majority of people, the legality just isn't an issue. Either they want to do cocaine or they don't. Legalising it just means that the money stays in the UK and boosts government revenue instead of being laundered through HSBC to South America.

I fully agree. I would say though, I'm not big into drugs. I smoked a little weed as a teenager but never got big into like like some of my mates. I'd never do cocaine, I wouldn't even know where to start looking for it but I might do legal cocaine.

I'd imagine for the vast majority of people, the legality just isn't an issue. Either they want to do cocaine or they don't. Legalising it just means that the money stays in the UK and boosts government revenue instead of being laundered through HSBC to South America.

Legalising it will ensure stronger regulation over the quality of the product. Almost all cocaine in any country is heavily 'stepped on'. You're not getting a pure product, it will be spiked with everything from sodium bicarbonate , caffeine and procaine. Some dealers often sell it mixed with speed and even benzodiazepines.

How the drug is cut and mixed can have big implications for a persons health. If regulated then the drugs will have to meet standards.

Legalising it will ensure stronger regulation over the quality of the product. Almost all cocaine in any country is heavily 'stepped on'. You're not getting a pure product, it will be spiked with everything from sodium bicarbonate , caffeine and procaine. Some dealers often sell it mixed with speed and even benzodiazepines.

How the drug is cut and mixed can have big implications for a persons health. If regulated then the drugs will have to meet standards.

As long as it's up to Bojo's standard, I'd be happy enough.

The war on drugs has been going on since the 60's and has definitely not worked.

Something need to be done, and this way, at least the drugs could be the right quality and the right health back up and advice could be given.

There is no perfect world when it comes to drugs, but sweeping the whole issue under the carpet hasn't worked.

Alcohol is a drug, and we allow that.

I really can't see the difference.
True but there's of course significant differences in terms of the impact that different drugs have on an individual. That's where the public health concern comes into play. Some drugs have a significantly longer half life than others, some drugs are significantly more addictive, some are more likely solicit bad or dangerous behaviour, some drugs are more likely to trigger heart attacks (cocaine especially) etc.

Be that as it may, legalisation is an experiment worth pursuing.

Marijuana has less severe effects than alcohol. The latter ruins many lives, and is a terrible drug, for the wrong person.

As said above, properly regulated, I would expect fewer problems than we currently have, and a revenue stream to cover treatment for those affected.

There's the scope to consider as well, what drugs would be legalised? Marijuana is too easy an example, it is relatively begin for adults (not for young people whose brains have not fully developed though).

Cocaine, ecstasy, other opioids can be extremely dangerous, and even worse in interaction with other drugs (including alcohol).

I think the calculus is somewhat simple, baring in mind, I agree with legalisation. You'd have to accept more people using and abusing drugs and therefore accept more people going to hospital (e.g. for sustaining injuries whilst high) and requiring long term treatment for addictions (you'd have to assume that governments are prepared to allocate increased budgets for this but have to accept this may not happen sufficiently). You'd likely have to accept more drug influenced crime since drugs like cocaine and ecstasy can precipitate violent and/or risky behaviour. You probably wouldn't lose the illegal drug trade entirely.

Benefits are of course listed in other posts already. But again, just keen to stress it would not be a free lunch and could have unintended consequences.

You wouldnt have to look far or hard for your local dealer i assure you. Its EVERYWHERE.
Its cut before it even comes to our shores. Multiple times. Would never arrive here untouched. Then as you say, the further down the hierachy gets cut again and again and again and again and again and again. With all sorts.
Well we all know what Gove would say to this. Mind you, he probably has a good contact on his phone far up the food chain.

You wouldnt have to look far or hard for your local dealer i assure you. Its EVERYWHERE.
Its cut before it even comes to our shores. Multiple times. Would never arrive here untouched. Then as you say, the further down the hierachy gets cut again and again and again and again and again and again. With all sorts.
Well we all know what Gove would say to this. Mind you, he probably has a good contact on his phone far up the food chain.
He has the Albanians on speed dial.