Let the transfer rumours begin | Page 5 | Vital Football

Let the transfer rumours begin

The salary cap is for the overall squad, not for an individual.
The smaller your squad, the more you can pay an individual player.
If we have a squad of say, 18, and 5 of those are loans, then the big money is split between 13 players. Teams like Sunderland have huge squads

Are you just agreeing with me there Shotty, cos, yeah, that’s what I was saying. Big clubs can’t just splash the cash to buy anyone and pay them huge wages.

I’d imagine Sunderland, Hull, Pompey etc already have a lot of players on their books. And they may already be at or near the cap. Therefore they can’t now offer a player like Dempsey anything like he’s maybe worth.

We on the other hand, only have 13 or 14 players and would still have a fair bit in our cap to maybe pay a little more in wages to him.

All pure conjecture. But you’d have to say if Hull and Sunderland are/were interested in him and they could pay what they wanted, then we wouldn’t be in the conversation.

Are you just agreeing with me there Shotty, cos, yeah, that’s what I was saying. Big clubs can’t just splash the cash to buy anyone and pay them huge wages.

I’d imagine Sunderland, Hull, Pompey etc already have a lot of players on their books. And they may already be at or near the cap. Therefore they can’t now offer a player like Dempsey anything like he’s maybe worth.

We on the other hand, only have 13 or 14 players and would still have a fair bit in our cap to maybe pay a little more in wages to him.

All pure conjecture. But you’d have to say if Hull and Sunderland are/were interested in him and they could pay what they wanted, then we wouldn’t be in the conversation.
From the northern based player's point of view Hull/Sunderland would be geographically more attractive.

From the northern based player's point of view Hull/Sunderland would be geographically more attractive.
The fact that he was willing to go on loan to Peterborough shows that might not be a total barrier for Southern sides. Although admittedly that was only short term.

In answer to a question from a Gills fan, that EFL TransferZone account tweeted “Keep your eyes peeled on Monday is all I’m saying”.

Hmmmm, sure hope they have called this one correct 👍

Location is the only attractive thing about Hull I can assure you!
I assume you live there so that's two .The bridge is useful to escape so that is three .I once visited the theatre there many many years ago. I don't remember it that well inside or out so it could not have been that bad. Compared to Cleethorpes it must be beautiful because that really is a dump.

I assume you live there so that's two .The bridge is useful to escape so that is three .I once visited the theatre there many many years ago. I don't remember it that well inside or out so it could not have been that bad. Compared to Cleethorpes it must be beautiful because that really is a dump.

You are in top form at the moment Chris 👍

I live just outside Hull in Cottingham. The fact Hull always appear in the ten worst places to live in England lists says it all.

I live just outside Hull in Cottingham. The fact Hull always appear in the ten worst places to live in England lists says it all.
I always reckoned that you could only appreciate Hull if you visited one of these:
Stockton on Tees
Hartlepool
Oldham
Swindon
Liverpool

I'd add Aldershit and Luton to the list. Oh, and Scotland. Permanently raining there.
Most of Scotland is beautiful even in the rain.its Chatam and Gillingham that is a $#/+ #0/_€.As for Luton the one near Chatam well that is just stunning.