Let the transfer rumours begin | Page 3 | Vital Football

Let the transfer rumours begin

For some people find violence acceptable.It is just part of growing up to beat someone's head in.Violence has not ever been acceptable weather mental or physical. Give people a second chance by all means but if convicted in November I hope he has to serve a long prison sentence. So given the current budget if Evans signs him he better be totally convinced of his innocence.

Sounds like you've found him guilty before his court proceedings have actually taken place.
Would you throw away the key ?

ps.
What is mental violence ?

So far, two signings
Zero approvals from chris
Fingers crossed for the next one.
You clearly have not read my post but don't let facts get in the way will you .
If you want to read my post do so.If not don't comment on them.

Sounds like you've found him guilty before his court proceedings have actually taken place.
Would you throw away the key ?

ps.
What is mental violence ?
I did not point the finger at him.I condem anyone who resorts to violence and anyone who finds violence a acceptable course of action.If this guy has not done that then he should be found not guilty.

So far, two signings
Zero approvals from chris
Fingers crossed for the next one.
If you want to read my comment on our latest signing you are free to do so.
Wednesday at 7:17 PM

If we are going for a very young squad and of course we have seen no evidence thus far.But having a guy that can win the ball up front can be vital. IE defenders and midfielders have a out ball.That could be vital when under pressure. By the sound of it he will also close defenders down and cut down their space .This allows others to pick up the ball.Given our lack of money. It probably makes a lot of sense to aim to spread the goals around. So I would expect a few potential goal scorers in midfield to back up Oliver and Akindie. It probably signals the fact that Hanlan is going to leave .As we will need that other forward to have a greater likelihood of goals .I would expect it to be a young loan player or two given the comments .
Totally get this signing a good addition in the current circumstances.

If that is not a positive enough for you I would read comments of other posters and then come back to me and apologise.

JUST IN CASE MY POST WAS TOO LONG JUST READ THE LAST LINE REPEATED BELOW FROM NEW SIGNING THREAD.
"Totally get this signing a good addition in the current circumstances".

There was also someone on twitter said we were after Oliver Hawkins from Pompey.

I thought that one extremely unlikely as we’ve already got Jon Akinde and now Vadaine Oliver as big lumps up top. That’s what Hawkins is isn’t he? Albeit probably better.

I also thought it might have been someone getting mixed up with their Oliver’s.

There was also someone on twitter said we were after Oliver Hawkins from Pompey.

I thought that one extremely unlikely as we’ve already got Jon Akinde and now Vadaine Oliver as big lumps up top. That’s what Hawkins is isn’t he? Albeit probably better.

I also thought it might have been someone getting mixed up with their Oliver’s.
The only way it seems possible is if Evans has been impressed with his versatility and intends to use him at centre back as well. Unlikely as regular a starter but a very useful substitute if the club can afford it.Throwing on a lad of six foot five with 15 minutes to go could be useful with Jackson bombing them into the box.Or extra defensive player when the opposition are pumping high balls into our box.
Unless the plan is to go for a lot of big lads this season loads of height maybe three centre backs wing backs and couple of big forwards.That would be a reason to go for Jackson both for his runs forward and throw ins .If that is the case I would like to see Tom O'Connor back.i really thought he improved through the season and used as a wing back could be very effective. Young clever and quick loan midfielders .It might just work.

Last edited:
The only way it seems possible is if Evans has been impressed with his versatility and intends to use him at centre back as well. Unlikely as regular a starter but a very useful substitute if the club can afford it.Throwing on a lad of six foot five with 15 minutes to go could be useful with Jackson bombing them into the box.Or extra defensive player when the opposition are pumping high balls into our box.
Unless the plan is to go for a lot of big lads this season loads of height maybe three centre backs wing backs and couple of big forwards.That would be a reason to go for Jackson both for his runs forward and throw ins .If that is the case I would like to see Tom O'Connor back.i really thought he improved through the season and used as a wing back could be very effective. Young clever and quick loan midfielders .It might just work.
Is SE going the Pulis route - big lumps and direct?

Ah, I never knew he also played CB. Maybe that’s the reason we may be interested. A player that can cover 2 positions like that would be very useful.

Not that I’m saying we are in for him. Just a twitter rumour so far.

any talk of Olly Lee returning? Would be surprised if Evans wasn’t after him.
Hearts got relegated and I can’t imagine he wants to play in the first division there. Still under contract but they might want him off the wage bill??

Ah, I never knew he also played CB. Maybe that’s the reason we may be interested. A player that can cover 2 positions like that would be very useful.

Not that I’m saying we are in for him. Just a twitter rumour so far.
With this comment from Evans the information you found could be true.
“It’s such a small squad so we need players who can play in different positions, but he is a real handful for any back three or four and our supporters will take to this kid because of his enthusiasm to work hard, play for the shirt, and he wanted to come here. He’s excited and we are pleased to land him.”

Just thinking out loud here. I saw this pop up on twitter -

#WestBrom striker Callum Morton is set to be loaned out again this summer with a host of league one sides including #RochdaleAFC, #NorthamptonTown, #PlymouthArgyle and #LincolnCity all keen

Now, Callum Morton is the very highly rated youngster at WBA that partnered Vadaine Oliver at NTFC after Jan last season when they went on their promotion run. He scored most of the goals through Feb/March and in the play-offs. The NTT20 podcast guys were really rating him in their chat about the play-off final.

I wonder if SE might try to re-unite them here. Especially if Hanlon doesn’t resign (maybe even if he does. We probably need 2 smaller nippy strikers in the squad).

Thoughts gents?

Just thinking out loud here. I saw this pop up on twitter -

#WestBrom striker Callum Morton is set to be loaned out again this summer with a host of league one sides including #RochdaleAFC, #NorthamptonTown, #PlymouthArgyle and #LincolnCity all keen

Now, Callum Morton is the very highly rated youngster at WBA that partnered Vadaine Oliver at NTFC after Jan last season when they went on their promotion run. He scored most of the goals through Feb/March and in the play-offs. The NTT20 podcast guys were really rating him in their chat about the play-off final.

I wonder if SE might try to re-unite them here. Especially if Hanlon doesn’t resign (maybe even if he does. We probably need 2 smaller nippy strikers in the squad).

Thoughts gents?

Northampton fans were desperate to keep him, if he's already formed a decent partnership with Oliver it'd certainly be worth a look.

Northampton have turned down four offers for their central defender Goode from Championship clubs.
They have said he can go if the offer meets their valuation, otherwise the player is raring to go for the Cobblers.
I do hope that Scally takes the same attitude with our young defenders.

Northampton fans were desperate to keep him, if he's already formed a decent partnership with Oliver it'd certainly be worth a look.

Northampton will be desperate to keep hold of (get back on loan) Callum Morton He was superb for the Cobblers and evidenced his ability to play in high pressure games. WBA will have no shortage of requests for having him on loan - he`d be great for us, but a lot possibly rests on whether Brandon Hanlon is re-signing. Nice though it sounds, not sure even the Mighty Gills could afford the luxury of having Akinde, Oliver, Morton and Hanlon up front !

Would I be right in saying that there is a fair chance that all premier league players including youngster could well be on holiday. If they were back training when the season closed ?Or was all reserve and youth training and games cancelled?Just wondering as their has not been that much moving on loans as yet.