Let me hear you say I believe....... | Vital Football

Let me hear you say I believe.......

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
I am now of the opinion that we will be top 2. Why such confidence? New squad. New virgin Manager. Lots of young uns. Lots of experienced players. A good balance. We have slowly improved after an unconvincing start. The players have bought into what the staff expect and they form a proper team, whether they be starting, on the bench or in the stands.

Looking at recent games, Sheff U were top and we nicked a first half lead and then gave them a lesson in the 2nd half. WBA were top going into the round of games and we blew them away from the off. Boro were equal top and we hammered them first half and they were lucky to nick an equaliser in a move started by a mistake by the officials. Chelsea twice went in front through own goals yet we came back to 2-2. We are the only team to score 2 there from open play this season. Their winner came in a move started by a mistake by the officials. Brum were the form team, 4 wins on the bounce and unbeaten in 11. More shots, more shots on target, more possession and they stayed in front because Camp had a very good first half.

Don't forget OT either. 1 down early doors but we had the wherewithall to fight back and knock them out. This squad of ours doesn't only have the skill and the will, they also have a huge amount of bouncebackability that sees them not worry if they go behind.

Second half was like the first and we carved them open. Something that hadn't happened to them in 11 games and something we have serially failed to do for years against a well organised defence.

This squad will get better. SBC teams, take note.

Nice to see we already have a replacement for Mount but I'm worried we'll be signing more players in the January window. Will be interesting to see if we collapse after the window! I'll be happy with top 6

When you see what players outside the first choice XI have done when given a go shows that we have more than adequate cover for every position. Add to that Thorne and Butterfield doing well with the U23s and also "proper" U23s like Sibley who would not be out of place in the first team, I think that, for the first time in a long time, we have ready made replacements for every position in the squad plus another 4 or 5 in the 23s. Too much to fall apart.... even for us.

Interesting! Can’t ever remember a time when Derby fans were so satisfied with the squad and actually suggesting we sign no one at all.
Certainly points to what an intelligent recruitment job Lampard quietly got on with during the summer.

Two above posts exactly that, once for a long time I'm of the opinion we don't actually need anyone, ticking along nicely thanks

Agreed, very hard to think of an area where we don't have cover or an abundance of talent. One area may be the goalkeeper, not entirely sure that Roos could step up to a top six side if that is indeed what we should or could attain this season, maybe a loan of one of the Premiership sides with a keeper twiddling his thumbs may be a safety net for the run in?

why would a premiership side loan us a keeper to simply warm the bench? he may as well warm their's or play in the reserves for all the value he'd get from sitting on his arse - we arent going to drop Carson just to keep a short term loanee happy surely?

Latest Rams News