Less than 200 for Rotherham | Vital Football

Less than 200 for Rotherham

Fantastic effort again and looking like another 10,000+ gate.

This is definitely the time now to support the young side that is hoping to evolve into our next set of heroes. Patience is required, but with this level of support this is our righteous place.

What a very apposite word to use in this instance. Well done JT!

And the atmosphere to return, bit flat against Portsmouth for some reason having been terrific before that.

Yes thought we were subdued but also thought Pompey very quiet bar the bell
Strange atmosphere

From where I was sat, I think we were overawed by Pompey's singing- first 20 mins were tit for tat and then they just carried on and on and we never really got going again.

I've said elsewhere- in terms of continuous singing and noise, they were the noisiest fans I've seen at the Bank (in my opinion) since Sheffield United in the early '80s.

From where I was sat, I think we were overawed by Pompey's singing- first 20 mins were tit for tat and then they just carried on and on and we never really got going again.

I've said elsewhere- in terms of continuous singing and noise, they were the noisiest fans I've seen at the Bank (in my opinion) since Sheffield United in the early '80s.
I remember Thommo saying it's a marathon not a sprint when supporting the Imps after promotion from the National League. Here's a few golden rules I judge fans by:
1. Giving opposition goalie a round of applause when he comes down your end
2. Keep supporting your team and don't get two wrapped up in dising the opposition, it usually leads to them scoring. Don't mind offering to sing a song for opposition just to stir them up.
3. A great variety of songs (Imps have some gooduns in this department)
4. Always be prepared to give the banter back in song, but prepared to share a pint if the occasion arises.
5. Never let the away side own the singing at your ground
6. A siren, a bell, a trumpet, some bongos, a drum and a double bass are all okay in my book.

I remember Thommo saying it's a marathon not a sprint when supporting the Imps after promotion from the National League. Here's a few golden rules I judge fans by:
1. Giving opposition goalie a round of applause when he comes down your end
2. Keep supporting your team and don't get two wrapped up in dising the opposition, it usually leads to them scoring. Don't mind offering to sing a song for opposition just to stir them up.
3. A great variety of songs (Imps have some gooduns in this department)
4. Always be prepared to give the banter back in song, but prepared to share a pint if the occasion arises.
5. Never let the away side own the singing at your ground
6. A siren, a bell, a trumpet, some bongos, a drum and a double bass are all okay in my book.
IMO, there aren't enough of the string section instruments in football grounds.

Pompey didn't stop singing all game, yes the bell was always going , but they sang and sang and sang.... best away following for many a year in my opinion
To be fair it was probably the other way around down at Fratton Park. The atmosphere was electric in the away end for the second half. Don't think we heard too much from the locals.