Leicester v NUFC | Vital Football

Leicester v NUFC

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Today sees the anniversary, so to speak, of the first game that Rafa took charge of for us.

That day saw a deflated and severely under prepared squad lose a closely fought game against the unlikely eventual league champions by one goal to nil.

Today will see a Leicester side being pitted against us without the player of their season that year in N'Golo Kante or their other influential midfielder in Danny Drinkwater as they both shifted to Chelsea. Their replacements not quite matching those moved on.

That said, maybe as many as eight of that title winning side will start today for them and for us, we will have three playing any part of the game at best.

Sold or out of the side that played that day we have Rob Elliot, Daryl Janmaat, Steven Taylor, Jack Colback, Vurnon Anita, Gini Wijnaldum, Moussa Sissoko and Aleksandar Mitrovic. Our subs that came on that day will also not feature in Andros Townsend, Seydou Doumbia or Siem de Jong.

They will be facing a different animal today.

My predicted starting XI sees us unchanged from last week.

Dubravka
Yedlin, Lascelles, Lejeune, Dummett
Ritchie, Shelvey, Diamé, Kenedy
Pérez
Gayle

Last edited:
DaLcr8WXkAADlu2.png

On my stream Ive got that shite Mackem Don Goodman who reckons we were unprofessional for looking to get McGuire sent off although it was more of a push to be fair.

That said, I feared the worst when I found out that Stuart Atwell was the ref but he's done well for once. I though Leicester should have had a pen until I saw the replay also.

We've limited them to sniffs at best and if we've learned the lessons of the away games to the likes of Southampton and Bournemouth then we're set up for a massive result.

45 minutes to go until Ashley potentially gets his Xmas bonus.

Brilliant goal that from Perez but we've done a Leicester on these. Not had a shot from what ive seen plus they deserve it for them clappers.

Teams fans who use these should be banned for life.

Keeper should’ve made a decision he was neither here nor there, as for Atsu, close down you lazy little prick

A remarkable job Benitez has done here, now give him money and treat him with the respect he deserves or sell up and do us and football a favour.

Aye, you can finally see us settling down and playing the proper Rafa way now. Hopefully this continues to the season end.

One thing Rafa will want is to finish as high as he can and with us withing touching distance of Everton, I wonder if he's privately targeting 8th place for even more transfer fund potential.

To Ashley it means his excuses are running out the more we earn but the difference in finishing 17th and where we could is massive.

Tenth in league. That is unbelievable with the squad. Concur with PK, you don't whether to laugh or cry.

As others have said to get top 10 with this side is right up there with Rafa's finest achievements. Sorry to piss on any chips but I'm not sure it's a positive in regards to getting rid of the fatman though.

Does nowt for the blood pressure either Vin. Pacing the floor at 2-1 wondering if we were going to blow another 2-0 lead in the last ten minutes.