Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October | Page 7 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October

Haha. Your mate sounds bitter. Is he enjoying the EFL Championship?

Na he’s alright it was a fair observation, I don’t think even the most hardcore villa fans can deny that we had one outlet last season.

Watford fans like Villa, they’re a mid sized club coming to places like Villa Park amazes them. He always goes on about the cup semi final years ago where they had the Holte End, we take it for granted for them that goes down as a highlight in their supporting careers.

I like Cash but he lost a 50/50 which led to Salah's first goal. Guilbert is a bit stronger in the tackle and I'm glad he's still around to push for the RB slot.

I think there’s a few things Cash does need to work on defensively this season, early observation from me is he gives wingers half a yard too much space to work a cross in the box. Fulham put a ridiculous number of balls in our box even though we smashed them, against smarter and better teams like Leicester that is something we need to work on.

I believe the Forest fans likes him going forward but he was a bit less comfortable defending from what I was reading about him.

This is all constructive criticism, when he works that out which will come with experience and coaching, he’ll just keep getting better and better.

I think there’s a few things Cash does need to work on defensively this season, early observation from me is he gives wingers half a yard too much space to work a cross in the box. Fulham put a ridiculous number of balls in our box even though we smashed them, against smarter and better teams like Leicester that is something we need to work on..

I think its a tactical decision rather than them not closing down. Force the wide man to hit deep crosses into the box, instead of giving them the opportunity to get in behind and pull the defence out of shape. Our CB's are pretty good in the air, any mistakes they have made seem to be when they are pulled out of position.
This was a tactic that Leicester used effectively when they won the title. I'm guessing it is all down to Shakespeare's influence on the coaching front.

I think its a tactical decision rather than them not closing down. Force the wide man to hit deep crosses into the box, instead of giving them the opportunity to get in behind and pull the defence out of shape. Our CB's are pretty good in the air, any mistakes they have made seem to be when they are pulled out of position.
This was a tactic that Leicester used effectively when they won the title. I'm guessing it is all down to Shakespeare's influence on the coaching front.

I hadn’t thought of it potentially being tactical and I get what you’re saying. Problem for me is that if a team with a couple of players in the box get 5-6 even deep crosses that’s not good, Liverpool scored from a ball bouncing around in the box.

Tactics or not, it’s something Cash can work on.

Just to reiterate for anyone who pulls me up on this post, this is constructive criticism which can make him a better player, he’s done really well so far.

I hadn’t thought of it potentially being tactical and I get what you’re saying. Problem for me is that if a team with a couple of players in the box get 5-6 even deep crosses that’s not good, Liverpool scored from a ball bouncing around in the box.

Tactics or not, it’s something Cash can work on.

Just to reiterate for anyone who pulls me up on this post, this is constructive criticism which can make him a better player, he’s done really well so far.

Yeah I get where you are coming from and I wondered myself what the hell Targett was doing the other week, before I worked it out. Been told by a Leciester fan this is how they used to defend when Shakepeare was there, so makes sense.
I'm not sure I want to see us try it against Andy Carroll if he's fit however - he cant run but he'll still beat anyone in the air.

Lets not get too carried away with conceding two goals to the best team in the world. Make 1 mistake theres a big chance liverpool will score. Cant get too caught up in just making two mistakes in a game where we score 7.
Make just 2 mistakes per game against 16 premier league teams and you will get a clean sheet.

Leicester Injury update.

Soyuncu Out
Evans Doubt
Praet Doubt
Vardy Doubt (calf)
Morgan back problem but should be ok
Amartey out for several weeks

Leicester Injury update.

Soyuncu Out
Evans Doubt
Praet Doubt
Vardy Doubt (calf)
Morgan back problem but should be ok
Amartey out for several weeks
Just checking out the Leicester forum and they reckon Evans and Vardy will play with injections to get them through the game.

I assume it's a no brainer that it'll be the same XI that beat Liverpool? Possibly with Mason Mount in for Jack.
He's really good without the ball don't you know.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't football a game about scoring more than the opposition - which involves having and keeping the ball? I tell you who can run a bit....Mo Farah. I bet he's brilliant without the ball, he could chase all night.

Yeah I get where you are coming from and I wondered myself what the hell Targett was doing the other week, before I worked it out. Been told by a Leciester fan this is how they used to defend when Shakepeare was there, so makes sense.

This is excellent if you have time to listen to it. Steve Morrison talks about how sometimes fans don't understand that sometimes players are being told to do things we think they shouldn't be doing.

I said something to about Targett vs. Fulham, I do think the instruction was to let them take early crosses. It seems like we were confident in our ability to clear our lines with Mings and Konsa, and they did so comfortably. Certainly in the case of Targett he can't close people down because he can't recover if he is beaten. Thats the flip side, Guilbert and Cash have been decent at recovering. I noticed against United Cash dives in so they could maybe be trying to get him to be patient.