Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October | Page 3 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October

Trez Bremner add to the midfield and defence - so he is ideal for the start of a game against the better opposition. I'd put Liverpool and Leicester in that list so I would start with him. I'd tell him generally to burn bright, then Bert comes in when the opposition are tired and he makes hay. For lesser teams then Bert starts.

I think we need to see more of Bert before we can say whether he’s as good as we hope he’s going to be. He could be another Charles N’Zogbia for all we know, he has a similar style and swagger on the ball let’s just hope he doesn’t have Charles’ attitude.

I’m all for changing the side tactically where it’s needed which I was arguing for Liverpool, I think that worked out well.

My nervousness with Bert is that to me, he doesn’t look fit enough to start in a fast, high tempo game yet. Trez is tactically a good option for this game for me, with Traore to come on at the 70 minute mark when the game opens up and if we need more quality on the ball in the final third. Leicester had a shocker last weekend but they are a very good side, we need to reset from Liverpool as they’ll do from West Ham.

I'm sure JT had a big input into Bert signing and he'd know what sort of player he is on and off the field in training etcetera> even Klopp said Villa have signed some good players in Barkley and Traore, he didn't mention the others as they wouldn't have been on his radar

I'm sure JT had a big input into Bert signing and he'd know what sort of player he is on and off the field in training etcetera> even Klopp said Villa have signed some good players in Barkley and Traore, he didn't mention the others as they wouldn't have been on his radar

Hope so, my point is that we have Leeds, Southampton, Brighton coming up where Bert can make a big difference by getting on the ball high up the pitch rather than asking him to track back for a large chunk of the game as he may have to do against Leicester. Trez is better against teams where you have to stifle the opposition, he’s not good at putting them to the sword and building up pressure. His goals last season game against top half teams which was strange.

Hope so, my point is that we have Leeds, Southampton, Brighton coming up where Bert can make a big difference by getting on the ball high up the pitch rather than asking him to track back for a large chunk of the game as he may have to do against Leicester. Trez is better against teams where you have to stifle the opposition, he’s not good at putting them to the sword and building up pressure. His goals last season game against top half teams which was strange.

TBH I've watched the Liverpool game 8 times now and Cash was run ragged by Jota and Robertson despite Trez tracking back if we worry about the defensive side of things we should play Elmo instead of Trez. Trez is a bit of a nothing player doesn't defend or attack that well just runs a lot. I get that football fans love a grafter well English fans do. You need more than graft in the PL graft is the minimum requirement.

I'm sure Dean will, however, start with the same team if he can

TBH I've watched the Liverpool game 8 times now and Cash was run ragged by Jota and Robertson despite Trez tracking back if we worry about the defensive side of things we should play Elmo instead of Trez. Trez is a bit of a nothing player doesn't defend or attack that well just runs a lot. I get that football fans love a grafter well English fans do. You need more than graft in the PL graft is the minimum requirement.

My opinion of Trez is that he doesn’t possess lots of quality, and he’s really stretching on that front in this league. But his work rate and what he does for the team has made him an unsung hero over the past couple of months.

I didn’t think he’d ever fit into a 4-3-3 and it is a bit of a squarer peg in more rounded hole but he can do a job.

But yes, I can’t see Smith changing it and he’s the decision maker.

The three best passes in the game were made by Trez.

bloody hell Hourihane the 2nd. I think SJM made the pass of the game tbh

Ha. The cross for Watkins goal was excellent and the one for Watkins chance when he hit the bar was out of the De Bruyne handbook as was the pass that put Watkins clean through when he should have scored.

Ha. The cross for Watkins goal was excellent and the one for Watkins chance when he hit the bar was out of the De Bruyne handbook as was the pass that put Watkins clean through when he should have scored.

No his cross to Watkins was just too far ahead otherwise he would have nailed it. SJM wand of a left foot what a pass that was to Super Jack, even the one eye Carragher spotted it.
Trez puts in a shift and always has even before he turned into a poor mans Marc Albrighton, now there's a lad who can cross a football.:cry:

No his cross to Watkins was just too far ahead otherwise he would have nailed it. SJM wand of a left foot what a pass that was to Super Jack, even the one eye Carragher spotted it.
Trez puts in a shift and always has even before he turned into a poor mans Marc Albrighton, now there's a lad who can cross a football.:cry:

Yes. Not a Trez fan per se but he hasn't let us down lately. SJM's was a great pass but I would argue Trez's to Watkins that put him clean through was just as good if not better.

8 times!! :banana:

Love it!

Apparently the Premier League are putting the rest of Octobers games on Pay Per View, if they aren't already scheduled to be shown live!
:finger:

Well thats a big fuck u to the PL from me. Money grabbing bastards, hopefully there will be loads of illegal streams available for us to use instead
Peacock.tv $4.99 a month smart dns or a vpn $5.00 a month Im dammed if I’m going to pay £ 100 a month for virgin and £ 15.00 a game on top fuck you premier league. If you want some other legal options at a fraction of the of the cost feel free to message me

Last edited: