Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October | Page 44 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October

OT for the thread - but in short, if a proper Media course.

Writing/Presenting skills
How to effectively research
Media Law/Defamation
Technical skills both radio/TV - sound desks/basic camera work/microphones and which type for which situation etc/mixing audio with audio/video with video and both together....

etc, etc

For nearly 40 years I've believed it was Gary Newbon and re-told the story of that interview telling anyone who cared to listen to me that it was Gary Newbon..... You just spoiled my night SirDen..... :shake::shake:

Gary Newbon was a right character. Worked with him loads of times as he used to supplement his media earnings with doing promotional work for Ansells while I was there.

I wish I could listen to the full match without all this white noise (fake crowd) I love hearing Mings being vocal and even the opposition telling their players to stay on their feet and not foul Jack.

I do wonder a little if part of the reason we've been much better is because our players can hear each other and Smith. Smith is very vocal himself and is almost a cheerleader on the sidelines. I think Trez certainly benefits from the quieter atmosphere as he doesnt always get his head up but does get commands to release the ball.

This is the craic the women complain about though, sometimes you have to be overly qualified to even be considered. I don't know what Media Degree grants her but I guarantee she had to get it before they'd even let her on the box.

The barrier is low with some of the pundits. Like Michael Owen there, you'd wonder if he could spell his own name or find his way to the bathroom. Redknap is another that seems like a pure simpleton.

If we're being honest some of these women would actually do a decent job if given a chance. Imagine you're a women who has played internationally over 100 times, been to a load of world cups and played for the biggest clubs in Europe. Now you're being told "well you don't understand this level of the game because of X, Y, Z". Then next you're Graham Sounness's expert analysis is Liverpool are losing is because the grass is too long.

I've had enough of these pundits, may as well stick some good looking on the show than listen to Patrice Evra. We call women emotional? Man nearly cried on national television because the team he played for lost 6-1.
Sadly it's all ratings driven. Producers figure that people are more likely to tune into the pre, half-time and post match analysis if there's an ex-player that they've heard of, as opposed to a an ex-female player that no one has heard of.