Leicester City-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Vital Football

Leicester City-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

Colin Is The King

Alert Team
Leicester City 0 Manchester City 2
FT Stats
Possession
Leicester 43.3% City 56.7%
Corners
Leicester 1 City 1
Offsides
Leicester 3 City 1
Fouls
Leicester 13 City 12
Cards
Leicester 2 Y City 3 Y (Ederson, Fernie, Rodri)
On Target
Leicester 2 City 4
Woodwork
Leicester 0 City 1
Off Target
Leicester 3 City 7 (PL site has 5 Leicester shots, City 11 - City OS Leicester 2 shots City 6 off target)

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/59191

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/leicester-city-v-manchester-city

19:29
'I think we deserved more goals'
Leicester 0-2 Manchester City

Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne speaking to Sky Sports: "It was really good today, especially in the first-half when we dominated. There was one team playing. In the second half they did a bit better, but I think we deserved more goals.

"I came back on Tuesday and started training on Thursday and half the team started training on Friday.

"We created chances and should have scored more. We knew the way they played against us it would be difficult - they were defensive."

On his assist for the second goal: "I'm here to provide for the team. If I can set up my team-mates then that's good."

On his moment of anger towards the end of the match: "I thought something was a little bit serious, but football is a contact sport so that's fine."

19:35
'We have no excuses'

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers to Sky Sports: "For large parts of the first half we defended well, we had tiredness in our game. Technically we weren't as good as we normally are. We are disappointed with the goals, they came when we were starting to chase the game.

"Apart from that we had some chances but the best team has won the game. We have no excuses.

"We didn't show the quality we have got but that comes with a bit of tiredness sometimes. Our organisation was good but we didn't get through the pitch well at times.

"If you concede against a team with that much quality they can just hide the ball from you. We have been brilliant this season with what we have had to contend with, injuries and stuff, so now we can recover for a few days and freshen the guys up."

19:41
'We're not in the top four until the 38th game'

Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers speaking to BBC Sport: "The idea was to go in and make sure formation is compact and tight.

"For the first half, defensively we were strong and good. There was a bit of tiredness, players had played internationals.

"Second half was better. We were disappointed with the first and second goals.

"Overall the best team one. The best team in the league this season. We tried to fight the best we could with the players having been away.

"Fofana is going to be a world-class defender. His anticipation for a defender... he's fast, competitive and has courage.

"James Maddison is a big quality - him and Ricky (Ricardo Pereira] are going to be big for the last eight games.

"Playing at home or away there isn't an advantage. We've improved at home in past two games, but we played the champions-to-be today.

"We're not in the top four until the 38th game of the season."

MuEN
Player ratings
Ederson 7, Walker 7, Dias 8, Laporte 7, Mendy 8, Rodrigo 8, Fernandinho 7, Mahrez** 5, De Bruyne***7 Jesus 7, Aguero* 5

SUBS Sterling*7, Torres **6, Foden***Not marked

Sky
Player ratings

Ederson (6), Walker (7), Mendy (7), Laporte (7), Dias (8), Rodri (7), Fernandinho (7), De Bruyne (8), Mahrez (6), Jesus (8), Aguero (6)

Subs: Sterling (7), Torres (NA), Foden (NA)

Man of the match: Kevin De Bruyne

9:43
'We took a big step'

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola to Sky Sports: "They are an incredible team, we suffered at home against them but we are more patient and it is a big step to winning the Premier League.

"You never know after an international break but I trust my players. The players don't always believe me but I like every one of them, today I trust some of my players who haven't played for a while. When you are winning, winning, the guys who play know they have to play good to play again. There is good solidarity between the players.

"The Premier League is the nicest competition [to win], it is 11 months and it is so tough. We are close. We need three more wins.

"Sergio Aguero is fine, his knee is perfect. He needs the rhythm of games but we need players fresh. I am delighted the way he trained this week, nothing is going to change. Maybe one day we will need the one goal to win something and he will be there."