Leicester City FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

Leicester City FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

D

Departed

Always like beating this team. The only question is what will our defensive setup look like.

Have to defend much better than we have done in last 2 games.

Always like beating this team. The only question is what will our defensive setup look like.
Tripps may be a doubt, Foyth can't play v Barca so may play again and I don't have a problem with that. Davies may play rather than Rose who may be better against Barca. So possibly Aurier or KWP, Foyth, Vert, Davies in defence.

Tripps may be a doubt, Foyth can't play v Barca so may play again and I don't have a problem with that. Davies may play rather than Rose who may be better against Barca. So possibly Aurier or KWP, Foyth, Vert, Davies in defence.

..but just as we start to believe Poch is tactically astute after-all, he then goes and blows that theory by fielding Foyth over Toby v Arsenal and then leaves Eriksen on at 3-0 right up to 70/80 mins and Kane on for 90, so all rational thinking goes out the window it seems!

We miss Sanchez right now!!

The good news is Vardy may not be available; and they struggle without him.

These are a different Leicester, they try to play out from the back and try to press up the pitch - that means we will find lots of opportunities, as I don't expect them to sit back.

As long as we take our chances, I think we can win by a decent margin.

Pulling together our defence will be our biggest problem.

That said, they're now 7 games undefeated, so won't be a push over.

If our defence is compromised for whatever reason be it injuries or preservation for Barca. What can be done in MF to shield it ? A lively Skipp with Sissoko perhaps ?

Last edited:
Seeing Poch prefers his favourite players and likes versatility in them, wouldn't surprise me if he gets either Eriksen or Alli to play deeper.

If we can get by with a front three of Kane Son and Moura for Leicester, then we can hopefully field Kane Eriksen and Lamela for Barca

LOL even when healthy our Defense isn't that good...but this is mainly due to poor team defense...not exactly all on our back line.

BL - This is a game we should be picking up all 3 points....so no naffing around...get the damn job done and move on.

Difficult game this, start with the same tempo and desire against Southampton and we should win,If we're comfortably ahead second half,I'd take Ericksen and Kane off and save them for Barca.

So do we have enough injuries yet that N'Koudou makes the bench? My guess is that with Foyth's injury, it's more likely Eyoma will sit on the bench.

Perhaps we should surprise Leicester and play Dier and Davies either side of Toby and let KWP and Rose play wide.