Leicester City FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 9 | Vital Football

Leicester City FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

I meant last night and generally. Gazza is superior in almost every dept and would cause the opposition maximum stress, that Alli all too often cannot match. Perhaps you agree!?

I think Alli could be better at 22 than Gazza was , he has scored more goals in less games for Spurs by far and probably more assists ( not checked) Alli is more of an athlete, better in the air and more intelligent, he is defensively better. Alli has replicated the flick lob over the defender on the run and volleyed it in with IMO a better finish than Gazza at a much younger age.

You know I watched the Juventus v Inter Milan game on Friday and the Mandžukić goal was absolutely identical to Dele's v Leicester. Take a look:

I think Alli could be better at 22 than Gazza was , he has scored more goals in less games for Spurs by far and probably more assists ( not checked) Alli is more of an athlete, better in the air and more intelligent, he is defensively better. Alli has replicated the flick lob over the defender on the run and volleyed it in with IMO a better finish than Gazza at a much younger age.

The comparison which caused me to initially disagree with your opening comment was an incident in the first half when Alli was put through by Son but allowed Morgan to get a block challenge in. A better player (Gazza) would have instantly shifted it onto his left and so get his body between Morgan & the ball, opening the possibility of a left footed shot or the concession of a pen.

The comparison which caused me to initially disagree with your opening comment was an incident in the first half when Alli was put through by Son but allowed Morgan to get a block challenge in. A better player (Gazza) would have instantly shifted it onto his left and so get his body between Morgan & the ball, opening the possibility of a left footed shot or the concession of a pen.

I am looking at his overall ability and contribution not just so far but potentially in the future really. It's a big call and Alli should be honoured if he is compared to Gazza. He has already left Gerrard and Lampard in his wake at comparable stage. Gazza was a flawed genius for sure.

Don't really get Poch resting kane and eriksen for this game. Lose and we stay 5th. Win and we are 3rd. Against barca we could win and still end up playing Thursdays.
There has been so many opportunities to rest Harry for a game or a half or whatever and he hasn't taken them. I am definitely not at all convinced we will win tonight, nor Tuesday. Hopefully I am wrong

half wrong so far... :grinning::eek!:

Think he got them spot on this time - the result was never in doubt.

He did get them spot on. Vardy out was the perfect time to rest HK. If there was ever a one-man team it's the current version of Leicester.

Against barca we could win and still end up playing Thursdays.

Unless I misunderstand you/the situation this isn't true at all. We have superior head to head vs Inter so beat Barca and we're through... furthermore if PSV get a draw then all we need is a draw also.

Unless I misunderstand you/the situation this isn't true at all. We have superior head to head vs Inter so beat Barca and we're through... furthermore if PSV get a draw then all we need is a draw also.

As I understand it Inter need Spurs to draw or lose in order to finish second. If Spurs and Inter win, they will still drop down to the Europa League.

So as long as Inter do not collect more points tomorrow night than us - we will go through to the knock-out stages.

Last edited:
Think he got them spot on this time - the result was never in doubt.

He got them spot on because we won yea, I wouldn't say the result was never in doubt though, first half hour we were dreadful and they could and probably should have taken advantage. Son scored at the perfect time and they never really got back into the game.

Gazza at the age of 22/23 was the best CM in world football. He wasn't a massive goal scorer or an assist king. He controlled games, he had immense control and vision. His dribbling skills were insanely good. In the big games he would turn up.

I love Alli, but he ain't no Gazza. Different players though. Zidane is the only player I have seen that was better.

The Lampard and Gerrard comparisons are more realistic.

Yep...spot on, my mistake. I was thinking of the bindippers....and hopefully they will win but end up playing Thursday

Gazza at the age of 22/23 was the best CM in world football. He wasn't a massive goal scorer or an assist king. He controlled games, he had immense control and vision. His dribbling skills were insanely good. In the big games he would turn up.

I love Alli, but he ain't no Gazza. Different players though. Zidane is the only player I have seen that was better.

The Lampard and Gerrard comparisons are more realistic.

This comes after Alli's last performance. I said he reminded me of Gazza after seeing a compilation of his best bits. This was one of Dele's best performances for us. He stepped up and absorbed the loss of Eriksen and Kane and delivered . One comment has been .....it was a captain's performance.....He was a big influence in the game.

But the comparison is worth considering and remembering for the future.