Leeds v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Marco Polo's quest for a new forum | Page 24 | Vital Football

Leeds v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Marco Polo's quest for a new forum

Pains me to say, I think this will be their year. They've got a good squad, a good manager and they've found some stability at last.

Think they lack depth few injuries and they won't be as effective, also everyone figured them out last season so probably happen earlier this time. Keep Hernandez quiet and they struggle.

What's that got to do with my point? My point is, if leeds had taken their chances we would comfortably have lost. Our draw wasnt really down to good play by us, it was down to them not taking chances. 4-1 wouldn't have flattered them. Both goals could have been cancelled out.
What chances they created? Apart from the time they hit the post, they had nothing, allof of possession nd pressing in midfield but our lot dealt with it...maybe not in the most fancy way possible but still effective enough...by the way we even had a free header from Dawson nd if Watson was more sharper , his shoot should have at least made their keeper work...

You are all missing my point, which is about our performance. Christ.
I am not saying that because they had 20 shots to our 2, that they should have won. I am saying that we didnt do anything performance wise to stop that. If we had, then they wouldn't have had those chances. Our point wasnt down to our good performance, it was down to them missing those chances. I dont think I can spell it out any clearer. If we give away that amount of chances every game, we will not always be that lucky.
Pope, I dont think you are that daft that you really believe I'm saying shots on goal should decide games!!!!
Bottom line is, and what imo is unarguable, we have been completely outplayed in our first 2 games so far.
Hardy ... last season's performance on that same pitch was a photo copy
..we fluffed a goal nd camped in our half fof the rest of the game...they 'stole' a goal at the end nd we felt robbed but it wasn't a classic performance of attacking football...

Thanks Ian, exactly my point, their miss as opposed to anything we did. Glad you agree! ?.

I am still waiting for you to tell me how many shots Muric saved from there 20 attempts? If you cannot tell me then that tells me the forest deffence played some part in that 1 - 1 result.

I am still waiting for you to tell me how many shots Muric saved from there 20 attempts? If you cannot tell me then tells me the forest deffence played some part in that.

I think what I'm saying is going over your head. He didnt have to save many, because, as I've been saying, THEY, missed them. Not us preventing them! You are proving my point!

I think what I'm saying is going over your head. He didnt have to save many, because, as I've been saying, THEY, missed them. Not us preventing them! You are proving my point!

It's not going over my head at all you made the point of them having 20 shots at goal so what if they did as they only scored from one of them and this my point to you. The defence played a big part in that score being 1 - 1 so you can dress it up as you which.

The fact that you never liked the performance is what is blinding you from a decent away performance from an almost brand new team against a team tipped to finish first in this leauge?

Your 20 shot stats means nothing at all since the score ended 1 - 1 so NO i really don't think this is going my head one bit, i do however think it's gone over your head since you still never told me how many saves Muric made from those 20 important shots Leeds made?????? Say NO more ay.......

Last edited:
They missed hardy because we didn’t allow them clear cut chances.
We nullified them...wasn’t pretty but we were in control in our 3rd.
And whilst I’m writing Muric came out to force the shot...he had no choice but to come out and make himself bigger for the shot.
A lob is always a risk but he did the right thing.
If he had stayed on his line Bamford would have scored.

Disagree. Muric was rash. He was lobbed because he was nowhere. Bamford would've still had a lot to do if Muric had been less rash to close him down.

Assuming he's got to be picked he's got to improve massively in the next 5 games or so otherwise its curtains for any success this season imo.

He was stranded in no man's land. Think we would actually be better off with Pants in goal. Muric's decision making needs to improve fast or he is going to cost us multiple points. Ridiculous situation when we have our own highly rated keeper we have paid money for sat on the bench.

Absolutely a terrible bit of goalkeeping. Can't believe anyone is trying to claim that was normal goalkeeping procedure or successful defending. Even the Sky commentators were appalled and called it for what it was; a(nother) mistake.

No man's land is quite a favourite of Muric

I was one of Muric’s biggest advocates when he cane in having seen him a few times in a City shirt. He had looked solid, assured and capable.

While we absolutely didn’t need to replace Pantillimon I thought he would be a step up anyway.

Unfortunately that hasn’t been the case. He had an error strewn pre-season and his head seems to have gone. No idea what has gone wrong for him but we need to sort it or drop him.

Shame as there is a top drawer keeper in him somewhere.

He was stranded in no man's land. Think we would actually be better off with Pants in goal. Muric's decision making needs to improve fast or he is going to cost us multiple points. Ridiculous situation when we have our own highly rated keeper we have paid money for sat on the bench.

Same for the corners, came & stopped too many times - credit to Leeds for great delivery, but Muric's inexperience is pretty plain to see.

The reason we have him on loan though, is because he isn't the finished article and with more games, he will get better (hopefully).

Leeds will be up there, and in context it's a great point.... and something to build on.

Lots of positives.... Cash played well, in fact the whole defence did (for most of the time), some errors but on the back of a poor result at home, then the character was there for all to see.

Sow will be booked every game but looks ok.

Ameobi also did what I said he could when we signed him, as an impact sub from the bench, ran at Leeds several times and won the corner we scored from.

At present, I'd say we look disjointed, but understandable with so many new faces.

Same for the corners, came & stopped too many times - credit to Leeds for great delivery, but Muric's inexperience is pretty plain to see.

The reason we have him on loan though, is because he isn't the finished article and with more games, he will get better (hopefully).

Leeds will be up there, and in context it's a great point.... and something to build on.

Lots of positives.... Cash played well, in fact the whole defence did (for most of the time), some errors but on the back of a poor result at home, then the character was there for all to see.

Sow will be booked every game but looks ok.

Ameobi also did what I said he could when we signed him, as an impact sub from the bench, ran at Leeds several times and won the corner we scored from.

At present, I'd say we look disjointed, but understandable with so many new faces.

What about Semedo, two excellent games? No wonder Benfica didn't want to sell him. That tackle in the first half, to block a shot in the penalty area, said a lot about him. It showed real commitment and lifted the team.

I was one of Muric’s biggest advocates when he cane in having seen him a few times in a City shirt. He had looked solid, assured and capable.

While we absolutely didn’t need to replace Pantillimon I thought he would be a step up anyway.

Unfortunately that hasn’t been the case. He had an error strewn pre-season and his head seems to have gone. No idea what has gone wrong for him but we need to sort it or drop him.

Shame as there is a top drawer keeper in him somewhere.

He's just simply doing what he was sent on loan to do.

Getting experience and getting the mistakes out of his system (at our expense).

Look at someone like Crossley - you could see there was a decent keeper in there somewhere, but how old was he before he stopped making regular mistakes?

24 or 25?

I suspect Muric is in the same boat, but I'm sure a season down the line and half a dozen plus massive clangers down the line, he'll be much better for the experience and ready for a loan at a more serious club.

Look at someone like Crossley - you could see there was a decent keeper in there somewhere, but how old was he before he stopped making regular mistakes?

24 or 25?

I suspect Muric is in the same boat, but I'm sure a season down the line and half a dozen plus massive clangers down the line, he'll be much better for the experience and ready for a loan at a more serious club.
No thanks

Look forward to a Jenkinson/Cash right hand side ... Cash is not lazy and he will cover effectively any Jenkinson overlaps and Jenkinson will know that a half decent player is backing him up ... for me that side of the team is sorted (from all the doom and gloom of only a couple of weeks ago)....
Sort out the core of the team, central midfield and central defenders and we are flying ...

24 or 25?

But he simply isn't up to Championship standard, yet. Why would we take on a novice with a high probability of mistakes when we have goalkeepers who are already some way ahead of him? I'd pick Pants, Smith or Steele ahead of Muric, in that order - not even mentioning Samba whom I've not seen play yet. Crazy.

Also, I can't get my head around the folly of not bringing in quality backup for Grabban. Another crazy decision.