Leeds v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Marco Polo's quest for a new forum | Vital Football

Leeds v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Marco Polo's quest for a new forum

AdebolaCornflakes

Vital Football Legend
skysports-leeds-united-nottingham-forest_4464275.jpg

After my last match fred brought us endless good luck, let's keep this bitch going as we head into our second game of the season against dirty Leeds.

Match:
Leeds v Forest

Kick-off:
12:30pm

Sausages:
Battered

Weather Forecast:
Highs of 20C with strong winds of up to 42mph forecast for lunchtime on Saturday. I'm hoping that we win the toss and kick with the wind, establishing a 20-0 lead at half time by simply shooting from anywhere.

Last League Meeting:
Forest 4-2 Leeds, 01st January 2019 - The final league game of Aitor Karanka's reign. After Jack Colback's opener, Leeds got a man sent off but we still did our best to throw it away, going 1-2 down in the second half. But another from Colback and goals from Murphy (yes, he actually scored) and our best midfielder of the last 10-years Ben Osborn sealed the victory.

Form:
Forest: L
Leeds: W

Last time out:
Forest 1-2 West Brom
Bristol City 1-3 Leeds

Injury/Suspension news:

Forest - Joao Carvalho may return to the bench after resuming training. Ryan Yates and Benalouane remain injured, and it will be a while before we see Darikwa again.

Leeds - TBC. I hope their squad is hit with a stomach virus tonight.

Pre-match ramble
After a wonderful opening 10 minutes to the season, the following 80 were dreadful and we limped to a 1-2 defeat at home to West Brom on opening day. I think most people were in agreement that we struggled to get players forward in numbers and generally were lacking in the final third, which makes our lack of signing a striker yesterday more bewildering.

It is still very early days and hopefully things will gradually improve as a new Manager and a fresh set of 150 new players bed in.

It's been a busy few days for us in the transfer window, bringing in Carl Jenkinson, John Bostock and Chema, plus we strengthened our goalkeeping options with the signing of Brice Samba. Everyone was mocking us but Lamouchi will have the last laugh when our first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth choice keepers get injured and we need to call upon Samba.

Leeds started the season with an impressive 3-1 win at Bristol City and they looked very good. Whilst they sold Kemar Roofe *cough* TWAT *cough* to Anderlecht (has there ever been a bigger match made in heaven?) they replaced him with Eddie Nketiah on loan from Arsenal, who could be an astute signing.

Predicted Starting XI:

Muric; Jenkinson, Worrall, Dawson, Robinson; Watson, Semedo; Adomah, Silva, Lolley; Grabban.

Prediction:
This is going to be a tough game. Leeds looked very good against Bristol City and I've got them tipped for promotion. I think it's going to be a long 90-minutes and I look forward to seeing this Fred reach an unprecedented 50 pages when the final score is:

Leeds 3-0 Forest

Sponsor:
Marco Polo PM'd me late last night asking if he could sponsor this Fred (along with several images containing some disturbing nudity) after his own request for a new forum thread was removed by The Fear.

Let's help find Marco a new home. Please PM him directly with suggestions for a new forum.

Je Suis Frontiers you bunch of pseuds!!

Makes me feel sick how confident Bielsa and the Leeds supporters are.
And probably have the right to be.
I hope a miracle happens and somehow SL gets the team to play the whole game like we did for the first 10 minutes for the whole 90...but don’t think anyone is that fit.
Come on you reds...just show them this season is not as written in stone as they think it is.

I hope a miracle happens and somehow SL gets the team to play the whole game like we did for the first 10 minutes for the whole 90...but don’t think anyone is that fit.
Come on you reds...just show them this season is not as written in stone as they think it is.

If we could somehow get a win tomorrow it would change the whole mood on here. I'm not holding out much hope; at best I think we might hold on for about 70 minutes before conceding.

I wouldn't be as confident if I were them.

Selling Roofe and replacing him with this young Arsenal lad, but only on loan.

You often see young loan attacking midfielders work out.

It's not often at all that you see a young loan striker scoring at the level Leeds need. Tammy Abraham did when at Bristol I think, but it's a rarity. And then he's ripped out of the side at the end of the season if he does and they have to find a replacement for those goals.

Bamford is decent but so unreliable. Never seems to do it for a whole season- has long barren patches

And without Jackson, teams will learn how to get at them.

It won't be us, we don't have the goals in us at the moment. But by the time we play them at our place in February they will be getting burned out from the physical demands of their style again and teams will have learned how to get at them. It might even be easier than last year.

Good one again AC. I've not written this game off yet, think we still have to see the best from this manager and our new signings surely can't all be crap.

Even if we lose (likely) it is not all doom and gloom. With so many and a new style it will take time to bed in. Norwich last season lost three games in August. We will also have played what many tip to be first and second in league.

Can't remember us opening a season with two defeats before.

Must have happened but I can't remember it in my 20 odd years.

But there was always the chance of that once fixtures came out. Really tough first few games and but for a shite goalkeeper and shite managerial tactics we could easily have won on saturday

Last edited:
Can't remember us opening a season with two defeats before.

Must have happened but I can't remember it in my 20 odd years.

But there was always the chance of that once fixtures came out. Really tough first few games and but for a shite goalkeeper and shite managerial tactics we could easily have won on saturday

Closest I can remember is BD's first season where we drew the first game and then lost the next 2. I actually think we only won 1 of our first 8 games that season.

The good news is that after Leeds we have some winnable games coming up this month; Birmingham and Preston at home and Charlton away. Fulham away is sandwiched in between those games.

If we could end the month with something like 3 wins and 3 defeats (a la Warburton) it wouldn't be the worst start in the world.

Closest I can remember is BD's first season where we drew the first game and then lost the next 2. I actually think we only won 1 of our first 8 games that season.

The good news is that after Leeds we have some winnable games coming up this month; Birmingham and Preston at home and Charlton away. Fulham away is sandwiched in between those games.

If we could end the month with something like 3 wins and 3 defeats (a la Warburton) it wouldn't be the worst start in the world.
I wouldn't ever call Preston at home winnable. We don't have an amazing record at home against them.

Birmingham are exactly the sort of team we'll struggle to score against as well. Charlton should be better, then we have Fulham.

Not expecting a lot of points from the first 6 games.