Leeds United v Swansea City | Vital Football

Leeds United v Swansea City

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Lucky Leeds went top of the table with a 101st minute injury time equaliser at Middlesboro yesterday, knocking Norwich off top spot by one point, but Norwich play Ipswich at home Sunday lunchtime today, 10 Feb, in a local derby match.

This is our next fixture at Elland Road, next Wed night 13 Feb, the James failed transfer adding extra spice to the match.

Here are the last six results and form guide:

Leeds W2 D1 L3 F9 A11 Pts7
Middlesboro 1 - Leeds 1
Leeds 1 - Norwich 3
Rotherham 1 - Leeds 2
Stoke 2 - Leeds 1
Leeds 2 - Derby 0
N Forest 4 - Leeds 2

Swans W3 D2 L1 F10 A7 Pts11
Swans 1 - Millwall 0
B City 2 - Swans 0
Swans 3 - Birmingham 3
Swans 1 - Sheff Utd 0
Preston 1 - Swans 1
Reading 1 - Swans 4

Last edited:
They've struggled lately and even lost against Stoke who are woeful. Still, a tough game nevertheless at their place especially if we have a few players out, Oli and Routledge. Maybe Naughton coming back in for John.

“Striker Oli McBurrnie, winger Wayne Routledge and full-back Declan John are all being assessed by the club's medical staff before a decision is taken over whether they can play a part on Wednesday night.”

Not so short of money then. The team have the luxury of flying up to Leeds this afternoon. They must be taking this game seriously.

Not usually in the Championship, but I think this is the second or third time this season we’ve done it. They’ll be walking back if they lose.

Sorry guys, didn’t travel and didn’t even see the match, and from the reports it was pretty dire from us, so I’m glad that I didn’t.
The tinkerman was at it again, moving Grimes to full back and playing without a recognised centre forward. Our midfield was too lightweight with the ballerina Celina, Fulton and the useless McKay dancing out of tackles apparently.
Anyway you can all read the reports same as me and we made it too easy for a Leeds team that has been out of form lately.
We are what we are, a mid to lower table Championship club with asset strippers in charge, so what do we expect when they’ve sold any player that’s any good.
I fear it will get much worse when we inevitably have another fire sale in the summer.

Last edited:
God knows what Potter was doing keith with that line-up. Pretty much lost it with that line-up. Grimes left back!? Why??? No striker was also a big problem as is our strength in depth. A poor show all round and 2-1 flattered us. McKay worst player on the pitch.

Just saw the 90 sec highlights. Their first goal was a lucky deflection straight into the path of Jansson and the second was poor marking by Naughton which gave Harrison a free header with Mulder beaten on his near post. We had a few chances but shot wide each time.

I would be having one on one with McKay, either pull your socks up or move on.
He keeps on picking him hoping he’ll come good, but three games in a row now he’s just been a bystander and its not on.

McKay was bought by Forest from Rangers for 500k and was thought to be a bargain at the time, and under ex-Rangers boss Warburton played well first season. Under Karanka second season he suffered with poor form and here are some Forest fans comments -

“Karanka made it perfectly clear he was going to give other players an opportunity and that's why Vellios and McKay played - they've failed to shine whenever they've been given an opportunity though and so will probably be deservedly moved on in the summer”
“What’s happened to McKay?”
“Mckay? Really? Id rather have Paul Anderson back”
“McKay & Vellios need placing on a bus and never returning”
“McKay was rubbish, he doesn't seem to have a future under Aitor Karanka at all. Send him back to Rangers this summer, they'll take him.”

According to reports he was sold to us for £1.5 million with add -ons after Potter persuaded him to come to us instead of Olympiacos, who were also interested and could offer Europa League football.

Just saw the 90 sec highlights. Their first goal was a lucky deflection straight into the path of Jansson and the second was poor marking by Naughton which gave Harrison a free header with Mulder beaten on his near post. We had a few chances but shot wide each time.

Naughton had a shocker. He's been solid this season but he was back to his PL ways at Leeds. Awful for the first goal, should clear it and poor marking, as he used to be guilty of so often in the PL.

McKay was bought by Forest from Rangers for 500k and was thought to be a bargain at the time, and under ex-Rangers boss Warburton played well first season. Under Karanka second season he suffered with poor form and here are some Forest fans comments -

“Karanka made it perfectly clear he was going to give other players an opportunity and that's why Vellios and McKay played - they've failed to shine whenever they've been given an opportunity though and so will probably be deservedly moved on in the summer”
“What’s happened to McKay?”
“Mckay? Really? Id rather have Paul Anderson back”
“McKay & Vellios need placing on a bus and never returning”
“McKay was rubbish, he doesn't seem to have a future under Aitor Karanka at all. Send him back to Rangers this summer, they'll take him.”

According to reports he was sold to us for £1.5 million with add -ons after Potter persuaded him to come to us instead of Olympiacos, who were also interested and could offer Europa League football.

McKay is woeful. Absolutely rubbish. Nowhere near the standard required and unlike a few others I can't see any potential there whatsoever, it would help if he actually tried and put some effort in.

Like you say Naughton had improved from last season, albeit against weaker opposition.
In the PL he always backed off the attacking player, afraid he’d get skinned, and let him cross the ball, and it was so frustrating to watch as they inevitably scored from the cross.

McKay said recently he’d love to go back to Rangers and I thought at the time what a strange thing to say when he’s at another club.
Rangers would be doing us a favour if they took him in the summer, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that happening as he’s under contract until 2021.
Potter must see something in him so we have to hope he can work his magic on him to turn his form around, and shake him out of his lethargy.

Last edited:
Baffles me how he still gets a starting place. Really poor at Leeds and just couldn't seem to do anything right. Lost the ball far too often so no surprise to see him dropped on Sunday.