Leeds United v Manchester City - Saturday 30th April 2022 - 17:30 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Leeds United v Manchester City - Saturday 30th April 2022 - 17:30 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Opinion
There are five games to go and although fate is in the hands of City insofar as if we win all our games Bingo, but will VAR or more importantly Referees have a big say in this. We all make mistakes that is just life and we thought that VAR would correct that but until they get super-fast Cameras which are better than the ones we have now. Offsides are still subjective as to when a VAR Referee freeze frames it.
Take fouls why is a foul outside the box where players go down at the drop of a hat is not questioned at all, but inside the box, going down at the drop of a hat is a full debate.
City travel to Elland Road on Saturday afternoon for the Sky evening game, a game where both sides are desperate for full points. Leeds are currently in 16th place and had a terrible start to the season resulting recently in the sacking of Coach Bielsa, a good friend of Pep.
In the Match Day Centre over of the Official site mancity.com special guests will be in the City TV Studio and will commence around an hour prior to kick off and to get involved and ask our special guests a question, you can send a WhatsApp to: +447537186538.

City Team News

What is the cost from the Real Madrid game, City lost John Stones in the first half, obviously not fully recovered from his problems, Ilkay Gundogan is reported to have back problems as reported by BamaEngineer in the (106) City Gossip, Dressing Room and Tactics 21/22 | Page 78 | Vital Football , so we can only expect cameo appearances unless he is receiving pain killer injections. Kyle Walker trained after the Real Madrid reporters had left did not make the squad and is unlikely to be risked against Leeds, whilst Nathan Ake left the Watford match early not quite 100%, so it remains to see what has City got left in the tank to face Leeds, but I cannot see wholesale changes, but changes there will be. Friday around 1:30pm Pep Guardiola will spin it for the press.
Expected Starters
Ederson
Cancelo Dias Laporte Zinchenko
Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Bernardo
Grealish, Sterling Jesus

Match Officials
download.jpgReferee: Paul Tierney (pictured, clueless).

Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Neil Davies.
Fourth official: Robert Jones. VAR: Darren England.
Assistant VAR: Gary Beswick.

Next

Champions League 20:00 Wednesday 4th May 22
Real Madrid - City 2nd leg (agg.3-4)

Last edited:
Like Pep has said, Liverpool will win all their remaining matches, (which I personally doubt), so we know what we have to do. I think we will beat Leeds, who will revert to bus parking.

Tierney. Wasn't he the coward that bottled giving Milner his second yellow for the foul on Bernardo at Candlefield? ..........:wagging: :mad:

Lescott on Matchday Live
"It's a good team, strong team.

"I can see why he is resting Kevin and I'm confident.

"Who will play midfield out of Jack and Phil? I think Jack will. I just think it will load the midfield."

Dickov on Matchday Live
"I think Jack will be wide. Wherever you play Phil he will be great.

"The team will change around, you could even see a 4-2-4 with Gundogan and Rodri sitting deep.

"That is what is so good about this team is that they can play anywhere."

Commentary By Rob Pollard @RobPollardMCFC
16:42
Lescott on Matchday Live [discussing rotation]
"These players will be used to it.
"It was hard when I joined. At Everton, if you played well you stay in the team, whereas here he picks the team depending on the opposition.
"Leeds is a huge game today, but if you miss it you are playing Madrid at the Bernebau."

Dickov on Matchday Live
"I think Jack will be wide. Wherever you play Phil he will be great.

"The team will change around, you could even see a 4-2-4 with Gundogan and Rodri sitting deep.

"That is what is so good about this team is that they can play anywhere."
That's the trouble with these pesky Pep teams - the players keep moving around all over the place :rolleyes:

(Come on Jack.........now is the time to light up the day with a scintillating performance to seal the point :thumbup:)

ommentary By Rob Pollard @RobPollardMCFC
16:52
Our reporter Neil Leigh at Elland Road
"Fans filling up all four corners of the ground here with the City fans making their way in on the stand to my right of the press box
"Proper old school feel to Elland Road and Pep will, no doubt, have reminded the players of the atmosphere that will await them come kick-off.
"We fought out a 1-1 draw behind closed doors here last season but an encounter in front of a Leeds full house will be a different beast altogether.
"For what it’s what worth, my take is that a visit here today also serves as the perfect acclimatiser for next Wednesday’s Champions League semi-final second leg tie at Real Madrid which will be another huge challenge.
"And most encouraging of all, the City players know what it takes to prevail in tough environments."

We need to be clinical with our finishing .........no faffing about taking eight touches and taking the ball too close to opponents.....:arrghh:

A decent Thunder-Bastard from Rodri early doors would be appreciated!