Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 38 | Vital Football

Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky

I had a feeling Elmo would be crap in the first game and decent in the second. He’s been out of the team for a while and is one of the older players so I’ll let him off taking a game to get up to speed. He’s rarely let us down since he joined, he’s a real “solid-pro” type player and we’ve certainly lacked some of those over the years
I remember when Smith first came in he made a few howlers. I said at the time he was adjusting to a completely new style of play - after all he played 90% of his football in England prior to that for the Cabbage Whisperer. He has been magnificent ever since that initial dodgy spell. True unsung hero for me.
Raphina was supposed to be ready to terrorize us on Saturday. :lol:

We could do worse than give Elmo another year TBF especially with a young team like ours. I like that we have some true professionals after the decade/half-decade of petulance, lack of experience and lack of caring. i.e. Dunne, Gabby, N'Zogbia, Westwood, Delph and so on.

Clean sheets are a bit misleading, we've conceded about 2 a game in the ones we have conceded in. So yes room for improvement as always
he is still the best keeper in the prem yes man city have had a few more clean sheets but look what there keeper has in front of him compared to our keeper and i dont mean that in a bad way but cash was a championship player last season and konsa was too a few seasons ago and both have been thrown in at the deep end

We could do worse than give Elmo another year TBF especially with a young team like ours. I like that we have some true professionals after the decade/half-decade of petulance, lack of experience and lack of caring. i.e. Dunne, Gabby, N'Zogbia, Westwood, Delph and so on.
Agreed, he's a great pro with a fantastic attitude and rarely lets us down.

he is still the best keeper in the prem yes man city have had a few more clean sheets but look what there keeper has in front of him compared to our keeper and i dont mean that in a bad way but cash was a championship player last season and konsa was too a few seasons ago and both have been thrown in at the deep end
Would argue that both them players were prem players playing in the championship I think they are already top half prem players with plenty more improvement to come.

Would argue that both them players were prem players playing in the championship I think they are already top half prem players with plenty more improvement to come.
sorry didnt realise they had already played in the prem before joining villai thought they were both championship players with no prem experience

sorry didnt realise they had already played in the prem before joining villai thought they were both championship players with no prem experience
They were but what I'm saying is they have handled the switch superbly well to the prem that they were already at prem level in the championship.

They were but what I'm saying is they have handled the switch superbly well to the prem that they were already at prem level in the championship.
yes i get that but there not world class like the defenders that play infront of the man city keeper and im pretty sure if the man city keeper had two championship defenders in front of him he may not have as many clean sheets
cash and konsa have stepped up to the mark and thats credit to smith for seeing there qualitys