Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 35 | Vital Football

Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky

Well I wanted to see a gutsy performance full of energy and fight and that’s what we got. The second half performance in particular when they dug in and shut Leeds out of a single shot on target was fabulous.

Lots of posts after the match about what people were drinking to celebrate- for me it was a large glass full of the delicious salty tears of Leeds fans :lol:

Perhaps DS has to pick up the laundry bill?....................
HAHA you could be right personally I didn't think we needed any last night we were never under any severe pressure at all so much different to the first game I thought it was another tactical masterclass from the managerial team..

Old Derby ground was a mudbath. Last night was like a patchwork that hadn't been stitched together. Reminds me of Villa losing in the San Siro back in the 80s/90s, when players could hardly stand without the ground moving beneath them.

Leeds should be fined for that pitch, someone if going to get a dreadful injury on it.
At one point I actually thought the ref needs to stop the game here because it’s not safe to play. In the first 10 minutes nearly every player was slipping over - apparently they watered the pitch before kick off, not sure what the purpose of that was at all other than to just make things worse.

They’re an absolute state of a football club the amount of love in they get from pundits... they’re an absolute embarrassment

Just watching it again, do they ever shut up about Leeds, even rambling about Peter Lorimer. yes the game was very dull but stick to commentating. Oh and I don't need someone explaining what I'm watching either.

Even MOTD decided to show Leeds 3 goals v Southampton as part of our match highlights section , WHY ?? To keep the Biesla narrative going ??

I like Bielsa ever since he told his team to give us a goal back. And have you ever tried to sit like he does crouched on his knees? I tried it and fell over. Love to see him stomp back and forth on the touch line in a fuming rage! Hell of a man, the league would be far less fun without him!

I like Bielsa ever since he told his team to give us a goal back. And have you ever tried to sit like he does crouched on his knees? I tried it and fell over. Love to see him stomp back and forth on the touch line in a fuming rage! Hell of a man, the league would be far less fun without him!
He's a weirdo for sure, still won't speak English but you can see he understands it
Won't make eye contact with the camera. Not sure I'd call him fun, just a throwback to the old English up and at em style of football

Wish he'd speak bloody English though.

Mrs P had to take an English test before she was allowed into the country, but it seems to be different if you're a football manager.................

Yeah absloute shite...just shouts a lot apparently! On a serious note, think he’s been really good over the past few weeks even though the team has struggled a bit. Lead by example. Got so much stick earlier in season from one or two but hardly a mention these days so suppose he must be playing well!

Since he has realised he is not the second coming of Beckenbaur (sp) he has been excellent.

Deano needed to show some bollocks and drop Barkley plus rest Luiz and he finally did that so well done plus the good thing also was that it paid off along with the set game plan to frustrate and nullified them.

One thing I'd forgotten about Leeds fans is what bad losers they are (plus completely deluded) so that made the win against them just that bit sweeter.

Last edited:
One thing I'd forgotten about Leeds fans is what bad losers they are (plus completely deluded) so that made the win against them just that bit sweeter.
A great quote from https://wordhistories.net/

"The term (Yorkshire) tyke is used as a nickname for a person from Yorkshire.

The noun tyke is from Old Norse tík, denoting a female dog (cf. Norwegian tik, female dog, female fox). The English word dates back to the early 15th century; it denoted a dog, especially, depreciatively, a mongrel, and was applied to an unpleasant or coarse man."

Seems to sum them up perfectly!! Hopefully, they will be all whining like the other deluded "tykes" from Sheffield next season when they get found out and run out of steam and go back to where they come from - big club, My Arse

Wish he'd speak bloody English though.

Mrs P had to take an English test before she was allowed into the country, but it seems to be different if you're a football manager.................
Apparently he can speak English but kind of like Pochettino in his early days doesn't like to in interviews and of course it's different for people who come to this country and earn a reported £6m a year.