Leeds 11 City 12
Cards
Leeds 2 Y City 1 Y (Mendy)
On Target
Leeds 7 City 2
Woodwork
Leeds 2 City 2
Off Target
Leeds 5 City 21 (PL site has 12 Leeds shots, City 23 - City OS Leeds 2 shots City 14 off target)

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/58930

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/leeds-united-v-manchester-city

19:25
Leeds 1-1 Manchester City

John Murray
BBC Radio 5 Live commentator

What a good game this was. City gave Leeds a real lesson early on and had enough chances to win the match in the first 20 minutes but Leeds hung on in there and created real chances in the second half.

19:29

It's that wet at Elland Road now that our interview camera is fogging up big time.

True - the ground was very heavy at the end.

MUEN
Player Ratings
Ederson 8 , Walker 7, Dias 8, Laporte 7, Mendy** 6, Rodrigo 6, De Bruyne (C) 7, Foden 6, Mahrez*** 6, Sterling 6, Torres*6 .
Substitutes
Steffen, Stones, Bernardo* 7, Ake** 7, Fernandinho*** 7, Delap, Palmer

19:36
'We had a real go'

Leeds midfielder Kalvin Phillips speaking to Sky Sports: "We’re just happy to get a point against a really good side. We knew they have weaknesses defensively, which you don’t get too often when you're playing good teams like that.

"To be fair a lot of our play goes through me, but they tried to catch me out so I knew I had to change my game and get on the ball in different ways. We did that in the second half.

"I think we gave them a little bit too much respect in the first 20 minutes. We came out in the second half, made a couple of tackles and counter-attacks and had a real go."

19:44
'Confidence grew in our game'

Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa speaking to MOTD: "The start and the end were with City and the end of the first half and the beginning of the second half were a bit better for us

"For them to be superior to us is pretty easy for them, it doesn’t require much effort, whereas for us it requires us to go to the limit to be on their level.

"We couldn’t take the ball off them and they were taking the ball off us very easily. We did it with a lot of effort, a lot of aggression to win the ball back and the confidence in our game grew.

"It wouldn’t have been fair if we had won the match, it would’ve been possible, but not fair."

19:48
Leeds 'showed how good they are'

Man City manager Pep Guardiola speaking to Sky Sports: "That was good, huh? When both teams want to attack, it’s a good game. We made an incredible first 30 minutes when we could have scored the goals we needed.

"The team, for the position we’re in, showed incredible behaviour. Unfortunately they couldn’t win, but we go from here. If we were complaining because of absentees, we couldn’t play the way we played today.

"Leeds put a lot of players behind our midfield line. After that they attacked incredibly quickly with fast players outside. It’s not easy to play against them. They’ve showed how good they are.

"We had the chances to kill the game. In the second half it was more equal, but we were better near the end of the second half."

What Marcelo Bielsa asked him at full-time: "He asked me what I thought about the game. I said I’m not able to analyse the game after one second, I’m not able to process it!"

19:52
'Leeds are prepared for Premier League'

Leeds forward Rodrigo speaking to MOTD: "I feel of course very happy for the result, for the club, it’s a great result for us.

"First 20 minutes we didn’t play really well but after this, we became a very good team and we have a chance to win the game. They had chances also but I think we are very happy for the performance today and good results with the last two wins.

"I think we have a very characteristic way of playing and we are playing like this for a long time. I need time to adapt to the style of football - but I think the team is very compact, organised very well, always trying to play well from behind and try to attack every time and score goals and play beautiful football.

On scoring in the Premier League 10 years ago: "It was a long time ago - time flies!

"I’m very happy for the club and especially for the result. We start very well in the Premier League, unfortunately we didn’t win but we did a great game and that’s the way we know.

"Leeds have been waiting a long time to be in this league and I think we showed we are prepared for this."

19:55
'It was a difficult game'

Manchester City midfielder Raheem Sterling speaking to MOTD: "It was a difficult game. The energy levels start to finish we impressive.

"There were a few setbacks that we’ve had like injuries. I think we’ve done well with a short squad that we’ve had.

"They were right in our faces. I prefer playing against teams like that instead of 11 men behind the ball.

"We've done fantastic with short squad that we have had and after the international break, we should have a fit squad and ready to go."

Leeds are a good very hard working team. We should have been out of sight in the first half, in the end a point was all we deserved. It could be a long season for us, the early signs are not good. We need to work a lot harder all round.

Leeds are a good very hard working team. We should have been out of sight in the first half, in the end a point was all we deserved. It could be a long season for us, the early signs are not good. We need to work a lot harder all round.

Yes, I think a draw was a fair result.
I'm sure it looked a cracking game for those with an unbiased eye.

Sky
Player Ratings
Ederson 6 , Walker 6, Dias 6, Laporte 7, Mendy** 4, Rodrigo 6, De Bruyne (C) 7, Foden 6, Mahrez*** 6, Sterling 8, Torres*6 .
Substitutes
Steffen, Stones, Bernardo* 6, Ake** 6, Fernandinho*** 6, Delap, Palmer

They seem fair except perhaps for Mahrez. His inability/unwillingness to effectively press anyone, anywhere on the pitch drives me nuts. Foden struggled to get into the game so borders on a 5. Decent debut for Ruben. Eddy would have gotten an 8 IMO for his saves,.......but failing to clear that corner cost him.