Leeds United Fan Comments | Vital Football

Leeds United Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Leeds and Forest have always had a rocky relationship dating back to the Don Revie - Brian Clough days, however Forest fans still hold a grudge from last season when Roofe earned Leeds a point having scored with his hand at close range.

Have a feeling this may be a by-the-numbers win for us.

No such thing as a certainty in this division ! I think we will (should) win but not by many.

It's a game we should win. Their goalie had a 'mare in their last game so hopefully with all the chances we create we ought to be able to beat them comfortably but....this is the championship!

Forest are a team in transition (are they ever not) under a new coach and there for the taking but with the likes of Grabban and Lolly they do have players that can hurt us at the back so we have to defend well.

Forest will feel aggrieved at not taking anything from their opener last week at home to WBA. I thought they looked good at times but were let down by their keeper.

Joe Lolley and Matty Cash are decent.
Lolley has scored a few from outside the box. Tough start for them, West Brom then us. Fairly confident we can leave them on zero points after Saturday's game...cue my weekend sulk after we lose....

Interesting fact and hopefully an omen should we win. Leeds have only played their first home league match of the season against Forest once previously - in 1991-92, winning 1-0 and going on to win the league title that season.

Forest have FOURTY senior players in their squad?!

Forest start better.

Pen shout, Forshaw down a bit easy?

Forshaw goes down and wants a pen, nothing given.....replay shows no pen.

Correct call.

Need to be peppering this guy with shots and putting on the pressure - looks really shaky.

Semedo looks lively. About a foot taller than anyone else too.

Need someone to run at Dawson - no pace at all.

They've wasted so many goal kicks.

KP booked after a bit of a lunge.

Lucky not to be a red there, really poor.

That was a bad tackle.

That yellow card was a real let off.

Phillips should have been red carded! We got away with one there. He certainly not learnt his lesson with those tackles.

Yellow card yes and a yellow for the rolling over clinching his leg antics by the snowflake florist player.

Forshaw clumsily drags one down could gave been booked.

HT - dominated the game without creating any clear cut chances.....went a bit scrappy last 15, got to keep patient and take our chance as Forest tire chasing us down.

Forest with 0 attempts, but realistically we've not threatened particularly. No doubt some of our build up will count as 'chances', but I can only really think of one which should have been put away, and that was well saved.

Could have taken the chance to raise money by renting out our half of the pitch to a travelling circus.

Playing well but Forest comfortable at the back dealing with every cross due to leeds lack of height... again. This will be a struggle if Forest score first.

Great possession, snuffed Forest out completely, but not getting much in the way of quality chances.

Really unlucky Bamford there off the crossbar after great work from Harrison.

Yeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss Pabloooooooooooooooooooooo.

Stunning pass from Klich and Hernandez is on the end of it and he don't miss 1-0.

Harrison getting a kicking now, but not getting the decisions.

Forest pressing on a bit now, need another I feel.

Corner for Forest. Dawson misses a golden chance, heads over.

We’re starting to get pushed back as Forest commit, could get nervy.

Shambles at the back and they score.

1-1 Grabban. Scrappy from the corner. Looked to be a handball in there but it stands.

We have to put teams to bed earlier, it was coming.

The refs let forest get away with plenty.

The refs been poor I think.

Thankfully his worst call was only booking KP.

Costa stonewall penalty. Beats his man and then sandwiched trying to get through.

Dallas now brought down in the box, again nothing given, On the replay Robinson clearly fouls Dallas - should have been a pen.

Terrible reffing in this second half. Absolutely no luck for us and a massive slice for them.

Robinson booked for a cynical one on Costa. One of those which should be a sin bin.

ANOTHER pen turned down. Costa through and taken out.

Decent performance, just a bit toothless in the final third, Disappointing not to claim 3 points.

Disgraceful performance from the refs gives them the draw here.

FT 1 - 1, very disappointing on so many levels, much the better team throughout. Several good pen shouts turned down and there was a clear foul in the build up to their goal. Same as last season , need to be more clinical - had our chances to put this one to bed, 2 points dropped.

Once again our poor finishing loses us the game. We can have all the posession in the world, but if we cant find the back of the net we are gonna get mugged time after time. Have we learned nothing from last year?

We had one clear cut opportunity and scored...

We didn't test the goalkeeper enough either considering he was nervous.

Give Forest some credit. Thought they defended their third very well, particularly in the first half. Started to tire and grew a bit ragged in the second. After Pablo scored they could only hope for a cheap goal and they got it. We deserved at least ONE of the non-calls to go our way.

That's why we won't go up, if we can't win these games.

Forest really got lucky with their goal, i guess a little bit of karma was involved from last season too.

Forest are very average lets not kid ourselves, yet they came away with a point, very worrying, but overall its enjoyable to watch but not promotion class.

This league is not about shear skill , fancy football and possession. It requires big, strong powerful guys in the mix who are superior in the air and i dont see any of this within our squad. This has been the case for many years and until its rectified Leeds will struggle to contain teams.

We couldn't cope with Sammy Ameobi ffs. No real height or strength in this side.

As soon as he came on i knew there would be problems. 500k he cost if i heard it correctly ,? That guy has more pace power and skill than our combined strikers.

I could see the height issue being a problem yesterday as every Forest sub warmed up in front of where I sit and they dwarfed our subs. Lamouchi tactics were to frustrate Leeds for 80 minutes and try and nick a set piece goal. Not a highly ambitious tactic but it worked (but only just). If the Ref had not been so one eyed it would have been a free kick and fewer people would have been ready to slit their wrists or vent their spleen on here. we are two games into a 46 game season.

Florist played impeccable tactics. You may have noticed that they had 4 players in our half every time we had the ball. They didn't press unless we approached the half way line. Reason? Easy - forced us into long balls, which suited a team that all appeared to be 6'17" tall. That's what killed our high percentage of tippy-tappy.

Forest were huge, and could have exploited that advantage better.

Cheers CP, some interesting comments.

We know we rode our luck and overall they were the better team but they got away with a few too.

Plus it’s Leeds. So fuck em!

We do need to work on set piece delivery, you could see we had a big advantage and barely troubled them.

At least some of them thought Philips was lucky, if Silva hadn't got out the way quickly could of been nasty.

I never read anything into views of opposition fans as funny as they are you are always going to get a bias account and a one sided look at things, some see defensive displays as heroic where others see them a fight and a struggle , to me it is what it is , you win you lose you draw they are the only 3 outcomes a football match can offer

Kalvin Phillips' at least had the balls to apologise to Leeds fans after his red card last year, which is a lot more than some of our players were willing to do after getting stupid red cards

In Phillips case it cost Leeds promotion in the end.

In our case it will only cost us let's say the difference between some non-descript league position between 7th and 21st and another non-descript league position between 7th and 21st.

"a team that all appeared to be 6'17" tall"

They can't have spotted Silva. Understandable given he is definitely not 6'17" tall.