Leeds United 2 QPR 0 | Vital Football

Leeds United 2 QPR 0

Whiteknight

Vital Reserves Team
Well deserved but could have had more.
Resumption of normal services to the supply lines except for the floodgates.
Roberts is the difference.
Dallas, Ayling, White and Cooper outstanding.
Casillas oozes confidence now and Philips the lynchpin.
And Leeds look quality.

Just need to add goals.

Roberts made a huge difference. An attacking midfielder willing to have a go at teams. I am not a fan of Harrison but I thought he did well as a wing back yesterday and Leif Davis could be a good option ahead of Alioski.

I thought Dallas struggled with Eze in midfield. Ayling played a lot of stray passes although he teed up Klich early in the game and he reallly should of buried it.

White was just White.

Cooper made the difficult stuff look easy but then gave the ball away a couple of times in bad positions and we were lucky to get away with it.

Casilla enjoyed an easy afternoon before his ten year ban from the EFL.

Phillips continues to dominate but he needs taking off set pieces because his free-kicks and corners are poor.

Costa was a bit better than his previous games but he definitely fits in better as an impact substitute and it was good to see Pablo back.

Klich works so hard off the ball. He's a bit like Bamford with both pants in the final third. I thought Bamford was onside for his goal but he should already have had two or three. His season summed up when he rounded the keeper but was then intercepted by a defender. All in all, a professional performance. The start of an unbeaten run up to the New Year.

One last thing, whoever thought it was ok for QPR to wear that kit needs an eye test. It got worse as it got darker. It must have been the ref because he was poor throughout the game. QPR the latest team to throw themselves to the ground everytime anyone went near them and that little number 19 definitely had a small bloke complex. Glad we didn't get Jordan Hugill when it was rumoured last season. He looked knackered after 20 minutes.

Agree about the kits ,one our lads is colour blind ,couldn’t distinguish the difference ,back to the game I thought we were solid in every department, I think Bielsa is finding a more methodical way of playing so we will see if this continues,

I'm colour blind and struggled with the kits although my wife could easily tell them apart.
Eze was very good for them in modfield. Just as well no one else for QPR was as good as him. Every team has their fall over merchants. Unfortunately we've got one as well. The ER crowd are back to their intimidating best giving the team an edge.

Bielsa sees Bamford as a key player for the team.
Perhaps he could deploy Bamford to play a deeper role and let Roberts operate as a number 9.
This will take same pressure off currently misfiring Bamford and give him time to find his orientation.

Noticed Bamford is yards off the pace and his split second decisions were poor.
This could be due to the way Bielsa deploys him and that takes away some of his pace and killer instinct.

Technically Bamford does not behave like an out and out striker anymore.

It was one of those games where we were never going to do anything but win it. Lets hope we do the same with Blackburn.