Leeds match | Page 6 | Vital Football

Leeds match

Williams was a definite sending off and from my seat directly above the incident he lunged in deliberately and me and everyone around immediately groaned that “oh shit he’ll be off now” and he was. His first yellow was daft because he was riled after that tart with the ‘man bun’ (surely being such a fanny is grounds for a ban!) had tripped him when he was making a good break ...and didn’t get a deserved yellow....but to lose his rag again a few minutes later pretty much ensured we’d lose the game. He’s young and raw so hope he learns from this.
Fine effort from Moore but it was very difficult to get support to him being down to 10.

Unfortunately, just as at Preston we are embarrassed by the comparison with our opposition’s crisp and accurate passing and the threat from their set pieces.
We seem have an inability to play even a 10 yard pass in the final third with any accuracy....and while we have players who can sometimes do difficult stuff really well, they couldn’t ‘cross’ the road ...Robinson being a key example.
And how many goals are we conceding from free headers in and around our 6 yard box.....there’s been some debate about which pair should start from Fox/Dunkley/Kipre ,,,,it doesn’t look to me like there is any ‘one to mend another’.....this is likely to be an enduring problem until January.....yes the goalie has a role in this area as well....I’d cut him a bit more slack yet but he’s a cause for concern.

Last edited:
Just watched that first goal again (about 8 times) and no way does Marshall touch the ball, Marshall is flapping about all over the place but doesn't touch the ball, Bamford is in a offside position when he scored.

When Forshaw originally headed the ball he was onside then it hit post and fell to Bamford so unfortunately he was onside as it was the same phase of play.

Never made it down yesterday (next game will be Charlton) Reading the updates from afar it had that Derby feeling from last year when naismith got sent off early. Refs in general seem poor. The ralls tackle being a yellow on day one was a joke. Sending off seemed a bit delayed and strange on the video.

Cook needs an 11 he can trust to carry out his gameplan and needs them on the pitch as often as possible.

Yep, on around 73 minutes, we thought the ref had awarded a penalty, i was going to walk out in disgust at the referee's incompetence, couldn't believe what i was seeing. (im nearly sure it should have been a corner)...... ,

I'm fairly sure he got a word in his ear. It was an age before he called it back for the free kick.

Really really poor officiating yesterday.

Oh right...just didn't make sense at the time. The more I see of Marshall the more I'm no likey.

To be fair he's been given no protection from his back 4. Out of the goals he's conceded there have been 3 or 4 players messing up and not just him.

Yesterday Forshaw had a free headers and Bamford unmarked on first and second it seemed Fox and Robinson kind of ran into each other and blocked him the chance to jump on it.

Against Cardiff he spilled ball initially but the second or third attempt was from a unmarked player. Bogle unmarked five yards out for second.

Against Preston first 2 unmarked point blank headers and third a world class free kick.

He had a slow start at Cardiff and Hull but went on to be excellent for both. So I'm not worried over him yet.

I'm fairly sure he got a word in his ear. It was an age before he called it back for the free kick.

Thought as much bro, i had nipped in the toilet and someone said its not a pen its a free kick, the free kick had just been taken as i was going back in.

I was absolutely baffled like everyone else, if you remember the ref pointed for a corner then what looked like the penalty spot, i hope the club file a complaint, i know it won't change the result but at least bring it to the attention of the EFL.

I said that too at the game - but the question is from who because the nearside linesman wasn't interested as he was walking away and not interested. It was very delayed and the referee didn’t have a clue, which itself didn’t surprise me.

I said that too at the game - but the question is from who because the nearside linesman wasn't interested as he was walking away and not interested. It was very delayed and the referee didn’t have a clue, which itself didn’t surprise me.
The nearside liners flag was a redundant piece of kit yesterday - he was truly appalling and seemed incapable of making any kind a decision - I honestly believe he was either intimidated by the Leeds fans, completely incompetent or both - his name is Adrian Holmes and he's also from West Yorkshire hmmmm? 4th officials name is Stocksbridge (which is in Yorkshire ?)
Makes you wonder why these appointments were not challenged ahead of the game !

No surprise in the amount of fouls yesterday ... some of our squad are still in their pre season. Our tactics looked the team was set up to niggle / spoil / break up the sophisticated (for the Championship) passing / positioning play.
I haven't seen the highlights but I could have sworn that Patrick Bamford (who would fall down and squeal is he was tackled whilst playing in a ladies premiership match) was clutching the wrong leg after Joe William's sending off lunge.

Still not convinced about our new goalie as yet ... the odd bright moment but looked truly wooden and glued to his line most of the time.

I do have to ask the following though ....
Game essentially lost.
Two subs on at 65 minutes (Lowe and Enobakhare)
Naismith on for Moore at 83 minutes.
How come one of our own youth players isn't brought on with the game essentially lost ?
Experience required ?

No surprise in the amount of fouls yesterday ... some of our squad are still in their pre season. Our tactics looked the team was set up to niggle / spoil / break up the sophisticated (for the Championship) passing / positioning play.
I haven't seen the highlights but I could have sworn that Patrick Bamford (who would fall down and squeal is he was tackled whilst playing in a ladies premiership match) was clutching the wrong leg after Joe William's sending off lunge.

Still not convinced about our new goalie as yet ... the odd bright moment but looked truly wooden and glued to his line most of the time.

I do have to ask the following though ....
Game essentially lost.
Two subs on at 65 minutes (Lowe and Enobakhare)
Naismith on for Moore at 83 minutes.
How come one of our own youth players isn't brought on with the game essentially lost ?
Experience required ?
Wrong type of game and atmosphere to bring a young player on at that stage.
Naismith brought something different to the play when he came on and we played less long balls and more on the deck, he had a roving position ticket.

....... I do have to ask the following though ....
Game essentially lost.
Two subs on at 65 minutes (Lowe and Enobakhare........

Go along with most of the other stuff you've said OLFE, but not this.

If I thought my team - and more importantly, the Manager - considered a 0-2 deficit with 25 mins to go a lost cause, I'd be disgusted in them.

Go along with most of the other stuff you've said OLFE, but not this.

If I thought my team - and more importantly, the Manager - considered a 0-2 deficit with 25 mins to go a lost cause, I'd be disgusted in them.
he did on tues night and that was one nil

It's not trolling though as it's factually correct.
Agreed it's early days but spending our transfer budget on players unproven at this level was / is a risky strategy.

Or spend 10 million on a championship/premiership player
we have to many water carriers in midfield and no creative players who
will pick a pass beat a player windass flatters to deceive and is too inconsistent
i feel sorry for Moore who battled heroically and every lay off found
a wigan player i would like to see Evans in a advaced role looking
for Moores knockdowns
bc

Tactics he is a league one manager and to get booked again And laugh what message does that send out to the players And fans