Leeds match | Vital Football

Leeds match

jeffs right

Vital Football Hero
Looking like a balanced side. No Windass, apparently injured but Sam back. Up to everyone to play out of their skins and for Massey, Williams and Cracker to serve and support Moore who is today's lonely striker. His first start. Come on Latics, stuff em.

1-0 Leeds. Bamford tap in after a point blank Forshaw header goes off the bar and falls at Bamford's feet.

1-0 HT. Very even game up until the red card. Moore has been a handful up top and helped create our best chance off a corner. Think we have a chance to nick a point if we can hold it together in the back as we have for most of the match so far.

Maybe seeing things a bit different. Leeds are a good side who are strong, quick and organised. Think we’ll be very lucky to get something from this, especially given how poor our set pieces have been ( apart from the FK). Think I’d take a winger off for a more solid midfielder and see if we can nick a goal.

Think there’ll be plenty more cards in the second half!

Sending off( not justified imo) was a game changer. Holding our own until sending off n unable to see how we'd have gone on with 11 v 11. Clown of a ref not to mention the absolute bellend in the away end with the 'Wigan Whites' flag....total cock.

I felt sorry for our players today, i really did, everyone gave 100%, the game was ruined by the sending off, what a dickhead of a referee, two soft goals for them men.
How many times did there number 5 foul Moore without even a warning?Seven it was, the ref finally booked him on 45 minutes.

Gutted for the lads today, im confident we wouldn't have lost if we had 11 players for the whole game, had to leave on 87 out of frustration!

Oh and well done Cook on the starting eleven. :thumbup:

Williams reported as violent conduct for an off the ball clash with Bamford. Headbutt, punch or stamp then. None of which happened! So clearly just made up the red to ensure we had a man off the pitch as we were the better side at that point.

How does the Leeds keeper not get a straight red for deliberately handling the ball a yard outside the area?

Clear penalty for a rugby tackle on Moore second half ignored and Lowe and Moore 2 on 1 late on wrongly stopped by the ref.

Persistent fouling by numerous Leeds players and not a yellow all day. Identical tackles by Evans, Morsy and Byrne all given yellows.

Today was all about the referee it was his show and he wanted to be seen by all.

Really, really shocking referee today. I lost count of the number of decisions he got wrong. I’m actually feeling quite positive despite the result. Kieffer Moore was a handful all day and if our players can learn to actually get within 10 yards of him for his knockdowns we might get somewhere. Joe Williams looks a really good player and I still trying to understand why he was sent off. On to the next match - we really need some points from the next two.

Really believe we would have won with an impartial referee. Leeds looked a shadow of the side that visited last season surprisingly. They offered nothing going forward with 11 aside and were persistently fouling us, we should have gone in front and were starting to take control of the match, then the red card and it killed the game.