Leeds Defender In On Loan | Vital Football

Leeds Defender In On Loan

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Highly-rated Leeds United defender Paudie O’Connor has joined Blackpool on a season-long loan deal.
The centre-back, 20, made his first-team debut against Sunderland in April and penned a new contract at Elland Road just last week.
Further Championship appearances came against Preston North End, Aston Villa and Barnsley towards the end of the campaign.
Born in Ireland, O’Connor started out his professional career in his home city of Limerick and featured 39 times for the club prior to his switch to Leeds.
Manager Gary Bowyer said:
“I’m really pleased to bring Paudie to the club after what has been a really promising season for him at Leeds United. He’s an aggressive defender who has impressed in the four games he has played in The Championship and we’re really looking forward to seeing him continue his development with us.”
Paudie O’Connor added:
“I’ve had a nice week of getting a new deal at Leeds and then getting the opportunity to come to a great club like Blackpool. I’m really excited to get in, meet the lads and get training. I’m looking forward to getting a full season of first-team football under my belt, hopefully.”

Here is how Leeds United fans reacted to the departure of Paudie O’Connor to Blackpool on loan –
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Leeds United

@LUFC

· 1h

1f4f0.png
| #LUFC defender Paudie O’Connor has joined League One side Blackpool on a season-long loan deal​

Tom Holynski@ThommHol

Shame he is going out. Would have liked him to have been involved this season. Let’s hope he gets a good run of games at @BlackpoolFC. Class signing for them. #LUFC @Paudie97
5:35 AM - Jul 6, 2018 · Yorkshire and The Humber, England

ATHERS @oldathers

· 53m

Replying to @LUFC
Hello lads. Blackpool fan here. Thoughts on the lad? MOT & all that​

SWhite@ScottWaccoeLUFC

Cracking player, surprised at him going out on loan. Take care of him.
5:55 AM - Jul 6, 2018

Leeds United

@LUFC

· 1h

1f4f0.png
| #LUFC defender Paudie O’Connor has joined League One side Blackpool on a season-long loan deal​

Mital@Mital_KE

Paudie was a rare gem last season, showed brilliance. Must definitely be big replacements planned if he's been loaned out. #lufc
5:42 AM - Jul 6, 2018

Leeds United

@LUFC

· 1h

1f4f0.png

Tim Hoolahan@TimHoolahan

Shame that, he did well with first team. One for future for sure though, be good to see him develop and play a full season in league one
5:30 AM - Jul 6, 2018

Leeds United

@LUFC

· 1h

1f4f0.png

NoneofYourBusiness@grizzlyoldgit

Don’t get this. Think he earned a first team squad position based on his performances at end of season
6:13 AM - Jul 6, 2018

Ipswich Town are again reported to have made an offer for Blackpool central defender Curtis Tilt.

The Blues were previously said to have made a bid for the 26-year-old a fortnight ago and now Sky Sports are reporting what’s presumably a renewed approach.
At the time of the first link, Town were said to be hoping to steal a march on a number of other clubs also keen on Tilt, including Reading, QPR and Portsmouth.
Walsall-born Tilt played in non-league for Halesowen Town, Hednesford Town, AFC Telford Town, Wrexham and Forest Green Rovers (loan) before joining the Tangerines last summer. He made 45 starts for the League One side in 2017/18, scoring once.
Another senior centre-half is very much on Paul Hurst’s summer wish-list with Adam Webster having departed for Bristol City and Tilt would appear to be very much the favourite to replace the former Pompey man in the Blues' backline.

Paudie O’Connor has departed the club to join Blackpool on loan for the season. It’s a great move for the young Irish defender who has left with everyone at the club and the fans backing him to come back stronger and ready to push for the Leeds United first-team again.

O’Connor is a very likeable character off the pitch as well as on it and the fact he knew heading out on loan in the lower leagues was crucial. Many young players are happy with their wage and sitting the development squads but O’Connor has the hunger for football, that’s obvious in the way he plays football and this is a huge step in his Leeds United career.
View image on Twitter

O’Connor was the captain of the under 23’s after signing from Irish club Limerick where he had already developed into a first-team player. He was called upon as the defensive problems at Leeds mounted with injuries and suspensions and in reality I think we all thought that had he been brought into the side sooner it would have helped us massively.
He wasn’t timid, he pushed Jonathan Kodjia around, a moment was caught on TV with O’Connor dragging the big striker around and then squaring up to him, the way to a Leeds United fans’ heart for sure. His defending was always very composed and there is little doubt the future is very bright for the player at Leeds.
He signed a new two-year-deal with the club last week which was great news, fans were delighted and the only question was whether or not he would go on loan, many, including myself were actually quite keen on seeing him get a chance with the first-team this season. On hindsight the loan is a great move for him, some serious game time and a chance to develop in a tough league.

We’ll be keeping a keen eye on the progress of O’Connor this season and that shows how highly regarded he is at Leeds United.

Sorry, but I just can't see a winning formula with constant changes. It will be a miracle if all these un proven hopefuls gel as a successful team.

Ipswich Town are again reported to have made an offer for Blackpool central defender Curtis Tilt.

The Blues were previously said to have made a bid for the 26-year-old a fortnight ago and now Sky Sports are reporting what’s presumably a renewed approach.
At the time of the first link, Town were said to be hoping to steal a march on a number of other clubs also keen on Tilt, including Reading, QPR and Portsmouth.
Walsall-born Tilt played in non-league for Halesowen Town, Hednesford Town, AFC Telford Town, Wrexham and Forest Green Rovers (loan) before joining the Tangerines last summer. He made 45 starts for the League One side in 2017/18, scoring once.
Another senior centre-half is very much on Paul Hurst’s summer wish-list with Adam Webster having departed for Bristol City and Tilt would appear to be very much the favourite to replace the former Pompey man in the Blues' backline.
I think they've picked up an old report and thought it was a second bid. There was something on Twitter earlier but it was just a rehash of first bid.