Lee Mason screws up again | Vital Football

Lee Mason screws up again

tomytony

Vital Champions League
Brighton free kick on edge of box. Blows to take it, Brighton score- says no goal, Has a whisper from VAR, giives goal and now VAR are looking at off side!!

Complete cock up. VAR ref says he blew whistle twice before they scored so now no goal.

FFS get this shite sorted.

EDIT VAR have got their story together- well sort of.They checked to see if Mason had blown for free kick- ha had but, as the ball crossed the line, he blew again.

Clear & Obvious so far???

Last edited:
RW, The mystery for me is that, watching it live,Brighton protested about him disallowing it so he then gave the goal- pointing to the centre spot. All before VAR got involved so what was Mason thinking when he gave the goal? Did he forget he blew twice? did he know he'd got it wrong?

Is it a VAR incident? I think it's more like the 'ghost ' goal at Villa- not a decision VAR should be involved in.

Fuckin bent end of gave Brighton 2 pens to try and even it up but they were as useless as the officials
honestly I can’t wait to get out of this league they’re still trying to work out what’s gone off on sky 2 hrs later nobody has a clue
quick glance at the Lino ORGASM can’t beat it :wahey: 💦

total cluster fuck, to be honest i completely hat refs total FA tossers. now having said that .theres a few that were spot on. uriah renney ,keith hacket colina . i know a few ex footballers that ref the circuit now and theyre brilliant. ex players need to step up .

A mistake which he couldn't get out of.....nightmare - but it happens to everyone
There's mistakes Aya, then there's genuine, innate incompetence.Did he forget he'd blown his whistle twice? Had he forgotten he'd blown it the second time?

How come he initially disallowed the goal then had the Brighton players surround him, change his mind and give the goal?? It was AFTER that fiasco that VAR whispered in his ear. Why didn't they interfere straight away if it was wrong initially? He'd already changed his mind once (why) so corrected his own mistake and then had VAR correct his compounded error.So -what was the sequence right, wrong, right or wrong, right , wrong again?

Think of that decision without VAR- he corrected his mistake and on we go at 1-1.

It was that bad that it took the slippery lipped VAR/PL excuse makers ( PR department) half a game to come up with some meaningless cover your arse wording to try to protect an incompetent buffooon.

There's mistakes Aya, then there's genuine, innate incompetence.Did he forget he'd blown his whistle twice? Had he forgotten he'd blown it the second time?

How come he initially disallowed the goal then had the Brighton players surround him, change his mind and give the goal?? It was AFTER that fiasco that VAR whispered in his ear. Why didn't they interfere straight away if it was wrong initially? He'd already changed his mind once (why) so corrected his own mistake and then had VAR correct his compounded error.So -what was the sequence right, wrong, right or wrong, right , wrong again?

Think of that decision without VAR- he corrected his mistake and on we go at 1-1.

It was that bad that it took the slippery lipped VAR/PL excuse makers ( PR department) half a game to come up with some meaningless cover your arse wording to try to protect an incompetent buffooon.

Just think Premier League footies frazzled TT - too many games (most of them rubbish), too many injuries (we should know) all under the pressure cooker environment of lockdown (everybodies stressed with it), with VAR added in to make things worse............refs under constant pressure to make correct decisions, and getting death threats in the background.

If Mason makes a mistake - I'm not surprised.

Its all rubbish .........and its all to keep us entertained and make money

Just think Premier League footies frazzled TT - too many games (most of them rubbish), too many injuries (we should know) all under the pressure cooker environment of lockdown (everybodies stressed with it), with VAR added in to make things worse............refs under constant pressure to make correct decisions, and getting death threats in the background.

If Mason makes a mistake - I'm not surprised.

Its all rubbish .........and its all to keep us entertained and make money
Got to agree
There's too much on with the games being staggered but there's also little else on so I end up with a game on whilst reading or doing something else even though I'm not that bothered about watching them ( Man C excepted- love excellence).

VAR has allowed ref's to abdicate but today Mason's mistake had nothing to do with VAR, It was all about him not being up to standard.Progress and positive use of VAR would be sacking him. A high profile culling works wonders on the rest of the team's attitude and performance.

With sanitised Covid matches,sterile football and VAR itself they've managed to suck the life out of football at PL level yet continue to defend irrational inconsistency with mealy mouthed.meaningless excuses - see Fulham last week.

Still don’t know why he blew it again the other side don’t have to be set Brighton were punished twice like lineker said on motd teams should be allowed to take quick free kicks after all they’ve lost any advantage they originally had due to the other team breaking the rules and offending

No surprise that dermot backs him up is there,our referees are some of the worst in Europe and are getting worse thanks to an over reliance on var it’s only going to get worse

No surprise that dermot backs him up is there,our referees are some of the worst in Europe and are getting worse thanks to an over reliance on var it’s only going to get worse
By MOTD time they'd cobbled together the 'problem with the wall' excuse that the Brighton player involved knew nothing about- which says it all..

They lie to cover up cock ups.Grow some balls and admit it when someone gets it wrong.
They might claw back 1% of the 100% of the faith that eveyone has lost n every match official.

I'd rather have the genuine cock ups than the spurious explanations that bear no relevance to what is plain to see for everyone else.

Btw I loved the interview after with dunk “ why are you asking me I haven’t got a clue he should be up here answering that”
well said lad :clap:

The biggest load of bull sh!t yet.
He does manage to keep a straight face through all of his absolutely meaningless waffle.
Ideal 'man' for the PGOML- Platitudional Gash Of Meaningless Lies.

Heard another theory on the radio- Mason changed his mind to give the goal so that VAR could become involved.

They'll be disappearing up their own VARSES next.

VAR again in the Burnley game.No Penalty.

Burnley defender Peters has arm at right angles to his body and ball hits him fully on the arm.

Reviewed and nothing given.

Peter Walton BT's pet ref says he expected it to be given but 'that's the way Peters plays' so can understand the Var ref's decision.

POGML say not given because too close- the lack of consistency is ridiculous as is the mealy mouthed twisting and turning the pundit refs go to to defend their own.

Use to be simple and should still be simple. Hand hits ball = hand ball and ball hits' hand = not hand ball.

Similarly, if 38 yards from the goal then you don't have a goal scoring opportunity.