Lee Evans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lee Evans

Evans, Morsy and Gibson as a central midfield unit will be as good as anything we come up against this season in the mid to lower table and if we can keep them all fit and together will see us pushing close towards the playoff spots. Looking at our squad i do not think we will struggle for goals like last time, how far we go this season will be down to how we defend.

And judging by last season, our defence was the best part of our team. We might lose vs Villa, alot of teams will but I'm quietly optimistic about our chances this season under cook.

Lee Evans needs to be in our starting eleven. Such a calming influence on our team. He’s not the quickest as shown by the free kick he gave away that led to the winner, but if he had an extra yard of pace he’d be in the Premier League.

Also Connolly played better at right mid than mcmanaman

Should have had another assist today. Will be interesting to see him and Connolly fight for that spot next to Morsy, both just as capable as each other.

Considering that our man of the Match from last week (Gibson), I think that our midfield is looking pretty rosey.

Evans value to the side was evident from the moment he came on the pitch. Him and Morsy are so good and keeping the ball under pressure and driving us forward.

So glad to see him back.
Yes I agree. There will be times when he gets robbed of possession by some of the whipper snappers in this division but he still needs to be in the team because he can make the side tick and he is assured at set pieces. We need to work hard on set pieces from an attacking point of view because we have some big units who can cause teams problems. We need to employ Glenda’s Love Train!