Lee Evans | Vital Football

Lee Evans

willjones89210

Vital Reserves Team
Looks like he will get done on a loan to buy. I know he has some big fans on this board what do we think? Money well spent if we end up with him?

Funny one this....good player this but is he as good as some are making out ?..doubt that. He obviously has something to offer but I don't think I saw him play any match as well as Gibson played Saturday.

Plus how do you keep all those midfielders happy ?

Watch this space.

Evans was a terrific player for us in the short time we had him. I didn't feel much joy when Wolves pulled him from us.
What that did do was expose how far behind Power was from being a proper good player.
Good luck to Max, by the way, Sunderland in league 1 is a great move for him.
So Evans' potential return returns some of that misplaced joy for me.
Cook has his hands full managing Morsy, Gibson, Macdonald and Evans into 2 places though.

Think Evans fits perfectly into the system Cook plays with us and complements Morsy very well. While i think Power came on leaps and bounds last season and did a great job for us he wasn't the same type of player as Evans and i think we missed that in the side. Nothing at all against Power, i thought the way he came back after his freeze out was admirable, he improved a lot under Cook and could've done much better in the Championship this time around. But as much as i would've liked to see Max have another crack at this league Cook made it clear he just doesnt fancy Power by doing bringing in potentially 3 new players in Maxs position. He wasn't even going to get on the bench if those are fit and available so best thing for all parties is a move. I wish him all the best, thank him for his efforts last season but in theory we've moved onwards and upwards and he shouldn't really be missed if the new lads perform as hoped / expected.

I'm very pleased we are getting Evans back i felt all summer we needed an Evans type of midfielder to plug the hole he left and who better than the man himself.

Also prob worth putting the 'joy' debate / references to bed at this point.

Wales international Lee Evans returns to the DW Stadium for a second spell, initially on loan, with permanent transfer agreed for 1 January 2019.

• Wigan Athletic confirm the loan signing of Lee Evans from Sheffield United
  • Evans, 24, will make the move permanent on 1 January 2019 and will sign a two-and-a-half year deal.
  • Paul Cook: “We loved working with Lee last season and our supporters know all about the quality he brings to our squad.”

I think this is a good move for the club; our midfield is in need of somebody who plays a more expansive passing game and Evans did that for us last time around. I think that whilst Power might have more in overall work rate, he lack Evans' reading of the game and vision to pick out a pass. I do wish Max Power all the best at Sunderland.

pleased with the move but as sed. is it money well spent. to sey that evans short time with us exposed power not being a proper good pleyer is rediculous. and if power is so below par how come sunderland. who is a massive club and will go back up next seeson. have taken him on bord.

im with hindley on this. evans is a good pleyer but has he got more to offer than gibson an how he pleyed last sat.

pleased and hoping he comes good for us.

I'm delighted Evans is back, was gutted when he left in Jan. This window went very well. Full credit to everyone involved.

Looking forward to seeing his composure with the ball, strength, positioning and intelligent timing of when to press. He'll have some work to do to push Gibson out after the last game. Gibson being on a short term deal may swing things in his favor straight away. But that remains to be seen on how Cook see's that situation.

Never rated Max in the slightest as a player, but a very decent fella. Always was first to celebrate every goal and must of been great in the dressing room. All the best to him at Sunderland, possibly as a central attacking midfielder if given the chance he may prove to be a good player.

Belting signing. Sorry to see Max go, but Evans more than fills the hole.

Good luck to the both of 'em.

The reason Sunderland signed Power is because they are now a League One club. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have gone in for him if they'd stayed up.

Great player for us who fits the system perfectly. Like Gibson sits in the middle dictating play, picking out forward runs, and allows midfield colleagues to push on.

Was gutted when he left initially. Good age too.

The reason Sunderland signed Power is because they are now a League One club. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have gone in for him if they'd stayed up.

i meen thats a fare point chet. but are we now seeing clubs buy pleyers for 1 seeson at a time. do you not think that they see him in there plans for next seeson if they go up. are clubs becoming that way that they pley fast an wild with pleyers careers and lives.

i no theres all this money being sloshed around at the mo but if this is how its going with some pleyrs then its a slipery slope. i no were not a charity organisateon and im not pointing any fingers but feck me the devil has stretched his claws down to the lower legues.

It has been known for clubs to buy players to play in a certain division because they know their way around it. Power was angling for a move to a Championship club this time last year but none came in for him. I think that says a lot.

It has been known for clubs to buy players to play in a certain division because they know their way around it. Power was angling for a move to a Championship club this time last year but none came in for him. I think that says a lot.

fare does. but after his little error he pulled himself together and pleyed his socks of for us. are we now seying that sunderland have done this as you sugest. just to pley in legue 1 for them.

i think my point were more abuot how pleyers are now being treeted now. a sort of pick up and chuck when not needed anymore. if true then its a sad reflecteon of how money an greed has taken over. anywey good luck to the lad and i hope to see him pley champeonship footy next yeer and prove some of the doubters on heer rong.

I'm sure that's the reason they bought him. They aren't going to just write him off after 12 months, but if they do get promoted I think they'll be looking to reinforce if they don't think he can make the step up and he'll become the squad player he was probably going to be here this season.

I agree that they are now more disposable but they aren't exactly slaves. And I also say good luck to the lad. He did his job here with enthusiasm, even after his faffing about last summer. He's the kind of lad that fans identify with as he comes across as one of us. I hope it does work out for him in the Championship if they go up. I have my doubts but time will tell.

I'm pleased Evans has rejoined as we need bodies in the middle of the park.

I can't say we missed Evans last season when he left as Power admirably stepped up. The hysterical vitriol he received last summer from some of the rose tinted brigade was very ott, as was the childish reaction when he returned. I'm glad through his performances and strength of character he rammed this back down their throats. I'm guessing the squad will miss his personality, though from a footballing ability perspective evans will fill that void and a little more. Best wishes to Max at Sunderland and beyond.

I thought Evans did well first time round so I’m pleased he’s back in the fold. Sorry to see Max go and wish him every success at Sunderland. I remember clearly the joy on his face when Yanic scored the winner at Walsall and his celebration with the fans.

I thought Evans did well first time round so I’m pleased he’s back in the fold. Sorry to see Max go and wish him every success at Sunderland. I remember clearly the joy on his face when Yanic scored the winner at Walsall and his celebration with the fans.

Yet in fairness he eclipsed himself brandishing a pyrotechnic when Grigg won us the league at donny! Top stuff.

Evans, Morsy and Gibson as a central midfield unit will be as good as anything we come up against this season in the mid to lower table and if we can keep them all fit and together will see us pushing close towards the playoff spots. Looking at our squad i do not think we will struggle for goals like last time, how far we go this season will be down to how we defend.